The National

Zoo Music Girl

Similar experience to Beck last year for me. Was close to the front but had a bunch of idiots stood next to me who kept shouting and talking with no interest. I don't think the set list helped either. Ah well. Looking forward to their London shows later this year 

Casual fan of theirs and I really enjoyed it. Sounded class on the box. Crowd looked really tiny though which was a shame and a bit of a surprise. Didn't think it would be huge but surely bigger than that. 

4 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Casual fan of theirs and I really enjoyed it. Sounded class on the box. Crowd looked really tiny though which was a shame and a bit of a surprise. Didn't think it would be huge but surely bigger than that. 

Yeah seemed like a similarly sized crowd to Nick Cave in 2013. Not sure why they were booked as sub headliners as they're clearly not popular enough in the UK for that slot just yet, though I'm sure it'll happen. At least the crowd that was there looked quite into it, which I'd prefer to a larger crowd of Foo Fighters fans stood there looking bored

6 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Bryce was talking to the crowd and Matt just cut him off :D Seemed like a proper asshole to me at that moment but maybe that was just my impression.

just seemed like some banter to me? I thought Matt was saying how he Bryce is always on the screen cause he's better looking or something? Are there other rumours that they're not getting on well or something?

I thought it was good but not up to their usual high standards, though that was down to a mix of so many new songs in a row and the crowd near me. The crowd was strange, on the left of me everyone was loving it but the right was only interested in hitting the big beach balls. I'm glad they're touring soon though so i can see them at their best again.

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I thought it was good but not up to their usual high standards, though that was down to a mix of so many new songs in a row and the crowd near me. The crowd was strange, on the left of me everyone was loving it but the right was only interested in hitting the big beach balls. I'm glad they're touring soon though so i can see them at their best again.

Agree with this. I also had too many talkers near me,even though I was in the pit 

1 hour ago, whoozyschmoozy said:

just seemed like some banter to me? I thought Matt was saying how he Bryce is always on the screen cause he's better looking or something? Are there other rumours that they're not getting on well or something?

Not a soul out there who is better looking than Matty B 

Edited by carrie2

Was always going to leave early to see all of Solange but when they came out and blasted out Sea of Love, Fake Empire then the new'un there was a part of me that was thinking, is this going to be too good to leave?

then they went on and played more new songs which lost them a lot of momentum I thought, they could've just kept going playing through all the big numbers but I've just seen the short setlist now. Anyone think the amount of new songs could've been a massive 'why did you put us in this slot?' thing. And I get obv they wouldn't slam their own exposure, in fact Matt seemed to be loving the fact they'd made it onto the Pyramid, so it all seems a bit weird

4 hours ago, whoozyschmoozy said:

Yeah seemed like a similarly sized crowd to Nick Cave in 2013. Not sure why they were booked as sub headliners as they're clearly not popular enough in the UK for that slot just yet, though I'm sure it'll happen. At least the crowd that was there looked quite into it, which I'd prefer to a larger crowd of Foo Fighters fans stood there looking bored

I was right at the front and 75% of people didn't know a single song and just waited through for Foo Fighters, could just be where I was however.