The National

Zoo Music Girl

54 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

This band are an absolute conundrum for me. For the life of me ive been unable to get into them. I feel like someone who doesnt like football watching people rave on about Istanbul 2005.

I love their contributions to the 'Dead compliation of course. The rest of it... whilst I've given it a fair crack of the whip I just hear the tunes or even a single tune.

Precisely the same for me. There are echoes and vestiges of so many bands i love, I hear some AMC in there, some Cave, loads of things i adore, but there's just something in them that leaves me cold. It should connect, but it just doesn't

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I think he's gonna be sub, third or fourth at the Park. Which could work if he has a bit of a dedicated audience. Loving his new album. 

Sunny afternoon? How's that going to work? Want it to work, but can't see it

I've given the new album a couple of plays, but again, it feels like a winter album to me, not a spring one.

44 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Angel Olsen is also Friday (sure you said you wanted to see her too, so that's 4). 

So that's her, Lanegan, Lips and Radiohead that I reckon I won't be able to see all of. 

ffs.....I'm seeing her next week though luckily. I am not sure I'll be in the right frame of mind for her at glastonbury anyway.

On 2017-5-12 at 1:37 PM, Maurice Mecca said:

Cheers peeps, Alligator downloaded, will listen and report back

So far listened to Alligator, Trouble Will Find Me, High Violet and The National.

How the hell have I missed this band before?  Liked everything I have heard so far.  Right in my sweet spot.  Cheers all.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Maurice Mecca said:

So far listened to Alligator, Trouble Will Find Me, High Violet and The National.

How the hell have I missed this band before?  Liked everything I have heard so far.  Right in my sweet spot.  Cheers all.

Ah man, wait til you've heard Boxer, amazing album! 

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

anyone else kind of hope they don't do the VCG singalong? I can see it going down like a lead balloon on the Pyramid.

bangerz only plz.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. Surely they'll ditch it at some point soon anyway. Love that song but it has become a bit expected.

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. Surely they'll ditch it at some point soon anyway. Love that song but it has become a bit expected.

I want VCG on september tour. I think I would cringe at it at Glasto as it will be completely dead and unrequited. 

On 03/05/2017 at 10:19 PM, mario man said:

I'm currently 'warming up' again for The National - I had an amnesty from them last 12 months after over indulging previously! Still can't believe they are on the line up!!!

Moving through the albums again in prep of glasto, I've Started on Alligator, now onto Boxer.

The outcome is that I have a collection of songs that I want them to play (from these 2 albums), which is fairly different to my wish list 12 months ago - such is the strength of their work. As per latest soundings, from these two I want them to play:

Daughters of the Soho Riots

All the Wine

The Geese of Beverley Road

Mr November (of course)

Brainy

Squalor Victoria 

Slow Show 

Guest Room (my favourite National song)

Gospel

I'll surely add to this list after listening again to HV & TWFM...

Ok so I've spent the last few nights listening to HV & TWFM, outcome is these are the tracks I'd add to my personal wish list: 

Afraid of everyone

Bloodbuzz 

Lemonworld

Conversation 16

I should live in salt

Don't swallow the cap

Heavenfaced

Humiliation

Whats come out of all of this is that after taking a bit of time out from the national I am fully hyped for seeing them in a few weeks. I'm defo heading for the front (especially if they're pyramid sub) so if there's a bunch of other efesters down there I'll join you all just let me know where to head :)

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm just getting a link to tomorrow's sale through that 

Ah weird, it takes me through to an option to buy tickets. Might be because I'm registered with Live Nation? Try registering with them and then clicking? Or if you trust me with you details...

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Although if you want Edinburgh there's only seated available on that presale.

It takes me to that page but when I click on the link it just takes me to the ticketmaster page which says none available, maybe I missed the boat again 

13 hours ago, mario man said:

Ok so I've spent the last few nights listening to HV & TWFM, outcome is these are the tracks I'd add to my personal wish list: 

Afraid of everyone

Bloodbuzz 

Lemonworld

Conversation 16

I should live in salt

Don't swallow the cap

Heavenfaced

Humiliation

Whats come out of all of this is that after taking a bit of time out from the national I am fully hyped for seeing them in a few weeks. I'm defo heading for the front (especially if they're pyramid sub) so if there's a bunch of other efesters down there I'll join you all just let me know where to head :)

Heavenfaced and Humiliation but no room for Graceless or Pink Rabbits.

I mean I know taste is subjective but...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

anyone else kind of hope they don't do the VCG singalong? I can see it going down like a lead balloon on the Pyramid.

bangerz only plz.

Yep totally agree. End with Mr November instead.

12 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Heavenfaced and Humiliation but no room for Graceless or Pink Rabbits.

I mean I know taste is subjective but...

Ha! I was waiting for someone to throw Pink Rabbits at me - a lot of love for that one round these parts - I like it but its not in my top 4/5 off that album. each to their own etc...:)

1 minute ago, mario man said:

Ha! I was waiting for someone to throw Pink Rabbits at me - a lot of love for that one round these parts - I like it but its not in my top 4/5 off that album. each to their own etc...:)

Likewise. I hear loads of people shout about Pink Rabbits but it's not even in my top 10 National songs and I'm a pretty big fan of the band.

21 minutes ago, Monkismo said:

Likewise. I hear loads of people shout about Pink Rabbits but it's not even in my top 10 National songs and I'm a pretty big fan of the band.

Totally with you. The Los Angeles bit is lovely, but it's lowdown on the album for me, and in general of their songs. We'll be told we're wrong though... ;)

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Totally with you. The Los Angeles bit is lovely, but it's lowdown on the album for me, and in general of their songs. We'll be told we're wrong though... ;)

Well it's all subjective but if we're going for a similar vibe of National song, I much prefer Runaway and Racing Like a Pro. Pink Rabbits is a bit too plodding for me.