The National

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Is there a presale today? I can find a Live Nation one for tomorrow but not sure if that's for the US or not.

I've always found the livenation ones hit and miss but worth a go. The only one today is O2 as far as I know. 

That'd make it four ticket sales prior to general release. 

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

O2 presale starts today. But there are still loads of tickets available on the Eventim presale, including standing. Cant believe this isnt selling out.  

With the band's presale, the spotify presale, the livenation presale, the gigsandtours presale, and the O2 presale, I wonder what proportion of tickets will be in the general sale!

15 minutes ago, fowls said:

With the band's presale, the spotify presale, the livenation presale, the gigsandtours presale, and the O2 presale, I wonder what proportion of tickets will be in the general sale!

Yeah it's not like these are even big venues! It's an extraordinary situation really. I've never seen a ticket sale like this. Why have they gone to these lengths? I wonder if all the london gigs will sell out.

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

just got a standing ticket for the thursday in london from the o2 presale. I was going to skip this gig due to financial difficulties, but I've caved in as usual. I guess this means if they do clash with flaming lips missing them wont be such a disaster.

It just continuously told me it couldn't find tickets :(

26 minutes ago, russycarps said:

just got a standing ticket for the thursday in london from the o2 presale. I was going to skip this gig due to financial difficulties, but I've caved in as usual. I guess this means if they do clash with flaming lips missing them wont be such a disaster.

Why would they clash with Flaming Lips? Aren't the latter pretty much a dead cert for Friday? Glad you caved!

22 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

It just continuously told me it couldn't find tickets :(

ah that sucks :(  I thought they'd sell slowly. There are standing tickets available for other london nights though I think (not only on o2, on the other presales too) 

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Why would they clash with Flaming Lips? Aren't the latter pretty much a dead cert for Friday? Glad you caved!

Because there are only 3 bands I want to see so it is inevitable that they will all clash!

Thanks me too! What night are you going to? National and nick cave in the space of 3 days. Life is good.

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

ah that sucks :(  I thought they'd sell slowly. There are standing tickets available for other london nights though I think (not only on o2, on the other presales too) 

Because there are only 3 bands I want to see so it is inevitable that they will all clash!

Thanks me too! What night are you going to? National and nick cave in the space of 3 days. Life is good.

Went for Wednesday in the end to put a bit more space between the two gigs. Looking forward to it!

Haha, I appreciate what you're saying about clashes... still think having those three bands on at the same time is very unlikely though. Famous last words.

This band are an absolute conundrum for me. For the life of me ive been unable to get into them. I feel like someone who doesnt like football watching people rave on about Istanbul 2005.

I love their contributions to the 'Dead compliation of course. The rest of it... whilst I've given it a fair crack of the whip I just don't hear the tunes or even a single tune.

Edited by Wooderson
  • Upvote 1