The National

Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Tuna said:

Fear of Saturday, Pyramid sub. Based on poster placement, and confirmation of The XX/Biffy Clyro's positions. (I think both of them, right?)

Aye Emily's confirmed Biffy below Sheeran and I believe an NME writer has mentioned The xx subbing Radiohead (and possibly the same guy tweeted about The National subbing the Pyramid) so it all adds up that way.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bit of a shitter. But hopefully they embrace it. 

Aye especially if it ends up being Katy Perry on before them. I mean, that run suits me as I'll probably be there from Katy onwards, but christ do The National have a tough time on their hands there - I bet a large large portion of that crowd will've never even heard of them. I was half expecting a bunch of #whothefuckarethenational twitter tags.

Edited by FloorFiller

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye especially if it ends up being Katy Perry on before them. I mean, that run suits me as I'll probably be there from Katy onwards, but christ do The National have a tough time on their hands there - I bet a large large portion of that crowd will've never even heard of them. I was half expecting a bunch of #whothefuckarethenational twitter tags.

Could still be Katy Perry on Sunday afternoon followed by Biffy and the Sheerinator, couldn't it? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, rzwodezwo said:

Could still be Katy Perry on Sunday afternoon followed by Biffy and the Sheerinator, couldn't it? 

With Chic seemingly confirmed for the Sunday I'd say they'll be taking that slot (seem to be grouped with all the other third down Pyramid acts on the poster as well).

So, The National subbing on Saturday. Not the end of the world is it? Means a guaranteed great gig in the early evening, and then either find another good headliner or beat the crowd to SE corner.

I'm assuming, given poster placement etc, that it's definitely Other or Pyramid. I just wondered, given where they put Sigur Ros last year, whether there was any chance of a JP headline slot. I would have though they were fairly comparable in terms of popularity.

Having said that, I think it's highly unlikely so I'm not sure why I brought it up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Why would they   not have the national sub Radiohead, biffy sub foo and Katy sub ed 

it seems such a nice fit 

Maximise flow between stages and reep the money people spend along the way at the food stalls.
And some acts can only do certain days obviously.
And they don't like fields getting to compact by masses of people staying there all day I reckon. Keep em moving!

1 hour ago, Vanderlyle said:

I'm assuming, given poster placement etc, that it's definitely Other or Pyramid. I just wondered, given where they put Sigur Ros last year, whether there was any chance of a JP headline slot. I would have though they were fairly comparable in terms of popularity.

Having said that, I think it's highly unlikely so I'm not sure why I brought it up.

Yeah National are way bigger + fussy about where festivals book them. JP headliner would be way too low for them

9 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

So, The National subbing on Saturday. Not the end of the world is it? Means a guaranteed great gig in the early evening, and then either find another good headliner or beat the crowd to SE corner.

7 hours ago, DGrant261 said:

Yeah National are way bigger + fussy about where festivals book them. JP headliner would be way too low for them

guarantee they would never take a slot they headlined long long ago to an empty tent. not a chance

7 year gap... something new....Pyramid. long shot, but still hoping for 3rd under Radiohead rather than before Foos

1 hour ago, Divein said:

How many songs in to their set do you think you'll get before you start crying? 

I reckon 3 for me.

If I'm surrounded by fucking Katy perry and foo fighter fans probably none, always shite when everyone is just waiting for headliner, such a shame theyre not headlining other Saturday

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Depends where Pink Rabbits is (fuckers better play it).

Let me point you towards the setlist of their US election concert for Clinton...

1. Don't Swallow the Cap
2. Bloodbuzz Ohio
3. Sea of Love
4. I Need My Girl
5. This is the Last Time
6. Pink Rabbits
7. England
8. Fake Empire
9. Mr November
10. About Today
11. Terrible Love

I could see that, plus maybe another two tracks. Perhaps About Today would be dropped. Probably this though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Let me point you towards the setlist of their US election concert for Clinton...

1. Don't Swallow the Cap
2. Bloodbuzz Ohio
3. Sea of Love
4. I Need My Girl
5. This is the Last Time
6. Pink Rabbits
7. England
8. Fake Empire
9. Mr November
10. About Today
11. Terrible Love

I could see that, plus maybe another two tracks. Perhaps About Today would be dropped. Probably this though.

Wouldnt mind a bit more off Boxer tbh.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

1. Don't Swallow the Cap
2. Bloodbuzz Ohio
3. Sea of Love
4. I Need My Girl
5. This is the Last Time
6. Pink Rabbits
7. England
8. Fake Empire
9. Mr November
10. About Today
11. Terrible Love

They'll play a few new tracks, I'm sure. Although that setlist with a couple of new ones added in would be fine.

Needs more Slow Show, though. And Mistaken For Strangers. And Lit Up (although I don't think this is ever really played).