The National

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It is looking like the poster is in order this year. Pyramid headliners followed by pyramid subs all in day order.

Then some other big pyramid names. Then Other headliners in day order. Then it goes all random. Not scientific but every time there's an announcement it fits. Which doesn't look good for @CaledonianGonzo and his Chic on West holts 

I remain unconvinced by this. Other headline not ruled out, right? KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE.

In all seriousness, having them on the poster was a bonus so I can't complain...

Just now, Tuna said:

You think they're gonna be in a headline slot? Looks like Ride are on at the Park, Bonobo West Holts, JPT... maybe...

I think so, based on nothing at all! Why are ride looking likely for park? they are buried in the middle of the poster. Or is this been announced?

JPT headliner was the original guess for the lips, but everythings gone tits up recently so who knows....

I cant believe I've been so caught up in all this stage panic, I've never been arsed before and now I;m on the verge of a nervous breakdown...

• Upvote 1

Cross-post: 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

On Mark Gardener's tour dates it has Ride playing 23rd. I don't know if it's a default first day of the festival because most of the dates are confirmed and the only other one, Benicassim, is one they're obviously playing the first day. Feel confident that it's right and it confirms the thought that they're Friday's Park headliners, ergo clashing with Radiohead.

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Oh, have we had info that XX are subbing Radiohead? I missed that if we did!

No but I believe it's looking like the acts are ordered on the poster as they'll appear, given recent comments about other bands and how it is all working out. 

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Cross-post: 

+ they liked a dude's post about hoping they're headlining the Park Stage for the use of strobe lights. Would be a bit off to give that fella false hope if they were on the Other Stage in the sun. Not 100% on either day or location but it looks that way.

30 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Playing whilst Solange and/or The Avalanches are on West Holts, to a crowd of drongos waiting for Sprinty Dave? Feck off.

Aye it's a pretty pish turn of events to be honest. I'll still be there though, feck knows next time they'll be back.

I don't reckon Solange will start until afterwards but aye, missing Avalanches will be sore. On the bright side, whoever they woulda clashed with on Friday is fair game now; Andy Paak, Thundercat and Flaming Lips were all looking to get rolled over by that one.

Oh and First Aid Kit lol

Edited by dentalplan

4 hours ago, Chawk said:

I have only two emotions, careful fear and dead devotion.

Post of the week !

Brilliant !!!!

Edited by ivan
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Do we have solid proof of where the national are playing now or is just continued optimism or fear

Fear of Saturday, Pyramid sub. Based on poster placement, and confirmation of The XX/Biffy Clyro's positions. (I think both of them, right?)