The National

Zoo Music Girl

23 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Best song on the album by far tbh.

From the day TWFM came out Pink Rabbits has been my favourite National Song. It is devastating.

I was solid gold, I was in the fight...

For me too. Love it. Pour a nice whisky and let it smother you.

Edited by Vanderlyle

27 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I never said that, but it's one of my favs. 

Fair enough. It doesn't do a whole load for me compared to, well, most of their stuff.

27 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So where the fuck are they playing? It's pyramid sub isn't it? Especially now with the BBK info. So Lips/National clash. B#llox. 

Can't see them not being Pyramid sub or Other headliner given their prominent position on the poster. But if BBK are headlining Sunday other then I'm a tad worried.

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

If they're playing Friday please god let it be subbing Radiohead, those two are my most prioritised 

Major Lazer seem nailed on to be Other Headliner so I think you're safe. I really can't see them putting Radiohead and The National up against each other

1 minute ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Let's just assume that the dates on their website are correct and not just the first dates of the festival, which means they're playing Friday. Probably supporting Radiohead. 

That's the Wednesday :P

Edit: Fuck sake

Edited by Will-2609

57 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

So where the fuck are they playing? It's pyramid sub isn't it? Especially now with the BBK info. So Lips/National clash. B#llox. 

Yuh but Flaming Lips look to be doing their most UK shows in a year since 2006. If it comes down like that I've no problem taking my money to one of those shows and getting the full kajigger.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ugh The National clashing with Radiohead would be so fucking shit.

I cant see how that can be possible really. They will only sub headline the pyramid or headline the other stage imo, and someone else is already lined up as friday other headliner. Plus they wouldnt put national v radiohead, there would be nowhere for the cloth-eared fuckwits to go.

Flaming lips will clash with either radiohead or national by the looks of things. But you dont care about that I suppose...

Just now, russycarps said:

I cant see how that can be possible really. They will only sub headline the pyramid or headline the other stage imo, and someone else is already lined up as friday other headliner. Plus they wouldnt put national v radiohead, there would be nowhere for the cloth-eared fuckwits to go.

Flaming lips will clash with either radiohead or national by the looks of things. But you dont care about that I suppose...

Who's headlining Other? That makes me feel relieved, although I'd rather have The National headline another stage than sub for sure. And yeah - good point, neither of those are a massive draw so they'd be a lot of people seeking a more upbeat/chart-friendly headliner.

Flaming Lips are one of those I'd give a go as I quite like them, but never been a HUGE fan. I'm not about to start becoming one until I know the clash situation either, as I've always assumed they'd be clashing with someone.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Who's headlining Other? That makes me feel relieved, although I'd rather have The National headline another stage than sub for sure. And yeah - good point, neither of those are a massive draw so they'd be a lot of people seeking a more upbeat/chart-friendly headliner.

Flaming Lips are one of those I'd give a go as I quite like them, but never been a HUGE fan. I'm not about to start becoming one until I know the clash situation either, as I've always assumed they'd be clashing with someone.

I cant remember who people say is headlining other, but some chart friendly dancey act that I've never heard of I think. I dont think it's set in stone but people on here seem very clued up about this stuff!

Yeh, the flaming lips clash is a real ballache, I wouldnt wish this anguish on anyone. It makes the cave/smashing pumpkins fuckfest seem like nothing. Definitely dont get into them in the meantime!

If it's any consolation to any of you, people are now discussing the fact that the three Pyramid subs could be in the correct order, meaning The xx below Radiohead and The National below Foos, which if correct would mean no Lips/National clash (just a shite crowd of Foos fans for The National). Guess we won't really know until the stage splits are released or one of the acts leaks their position/day.