The National

Zoo Music Girl

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Boxer or high violet. 

Just been through the Boxer, v decent. I'll give High Violet a go now. I have a feeling their stuff is going to slowly grow on me, by the time that other stage headline slot comes around I'll be gagging for it.

Just now, lazzareo said:

My year has just moved on from I really hope The National will play at Glastonbury to I really hope The National will play..

1. About Today
  2. Start A War

So what do you guys want them to play???

Doubt they'll play either. Both are played at some standalone gigs, but neither are usual festival songs for them. But you never know!

As long as they play Pink Rabbits, England and Vanderlyle (which they will), i'm going to be good (because i'm going to be crying).

1 minute ago, Jobseeker said:

Just been through the Boxer, v decent. I'll give High Violet a go now. I have a feeling their stuff is going to slowly grow on me, by the time that other stage headline slot comes around I'll be gagging for it.

That is exactly how The National work.

1 minute ago, calamitymaud said:

Doubt they'll play either. Both are played at some standalone gigs, but neither are usual festival songs for them. But you never know!

As long as they play Pink Rabbits, England and Vanderlyle (which they will), i'm going to be good (because i'm going to be crying).

Yeah I agree with you which is why I suggested them as unlikely!  I've only seen them play About Today once and I've never seen them play Start A War!

3 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

One of us! One of us! 

40 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

High Violet is the best introduction for a new listener IMO, as good as Boxer is...

Knee deep in High violet now, grabbed me by the balls quicker than Boxer. Could be a staple for the next couple of months. Cheers for the advice chaps!

• Upvote 1

Sensational stuff. Happy for all eFesters who never gave up hope on this happening. It's gonna be stunning! Where do we reckon they will play? The National into The xx into Radiohead would have many round here rooted to the Pyramid Stage. Or are we looking at a higher slot? Either way, overjoyed to see their name pop up. It was worth the wait!

Nearly dropped my phone when I saw their name on the poster, was such a shock. Had given up hope after the last few years of them not showing. Going into Radiohead would probably be the most logical, plus I really want to see them on Pyramid instead of Other.  Maybe XX - The National - Radiohead on Friday night or something.