The National

Zoo Music Girl

12 hours ago, internetjef said:

1st - Alligator and Boxer dead heat 

3rd - High Violet

4th - Trouble Will Find Me 

Must get other ones promptly

I wouldn't bother to be honest - I did and think I've only listened to them once or twice.  Interesting for uber fans from a historical/band development point of view but they're not great, with the possible exception of Available, which still gets a spin from time to time. As someone said earlier get the EPs instead.

• Upvote 1

On 26/02/2017 at 11:54 AM, Vanderlyle said:

+ Lucky You

+ Pay For Me

On 26/02/2017 at 9:38 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I wouldn't bother to be honest - I did and think I've only listened to them once or twice.  Interesting for uber fans from a historical/band development point of view but they're not great, with the possible exception of Available, which still gets a spin from time to time. As someone said earlier get the EPs instead.

The first 2 albums are great.

5 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

I actually revisited Sad Songs yesterday. I know it doesn't stack up against anything they've released since but it's not that bad. 

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Ha no it'a a forum, that much is assumed already otherwise every post/signature should include "IMO".

I just feel strongly that they're underrated albums! No arguing in here, every fan of the National is a Friend Of Mine.

:) Indeed! I don't think they're bad exactly, just not great. Never feel the need to revisit. 

5 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

They've just posted on instagram about their festival in Denmark, announcing acts joining them at their only announced show of 2017. You'd take it from that they've got more shows to announce 

Stop it!  No stirring up hope - we all know it's not going to happen. :(

I've already convinced myself again that they're playing and will be this year's Beck/Sigur Ros unexpected, not likely but possible, surprise on the poster. 

Then when it doesn't happen I'll go home and listen to High Violet while looking out a rainy window. 

Then wet the bed. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...