The National

Zoo Music Girl

The National did about 1 hour and 15 in the end. Shorter than I'd have liked but they still absolutely killed it. Weird seeing them in the blazing sunshine and I sweated buckets jumping around in it, but it was just awesome to see them again. Got right down the front with ease too :)

Neil Young was bloody brilliant too, despite me not really knowing any of the songs, so definitely worth the ticket price. Although I'm pretty sure he finished earlier than scheduled?

As others have said, it was impossible to get into the small venues so didn't really see anyone else, which was a shame. Expensive, too, but booze, food and toilet queues were better than expected.

Absolutely lovely crowd and atmosphere too, which must have been the Neil Young factor. Hippies, older people and just lovely really.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Setlist:

Don't Swallow the Cap

I Should Live in Salt

Mistaken for Strangers

Bloodbuzz Ohio

Sea of Love

Afraid of Everyone

Squalor Victoria

I Need My Girl

This Is the Last Time

Abel

Slow Show

Pink Rabbits

England

Graceless

Fake Empire

Mr. November

Terrible Love

Can't really fault that. No Vanderlyle and no curveballs - and would have preferred Humiliation over Pink Rabbits - but well 'appy.

The National did about 1 hour and 15 in the end. Shorter than I'd have liked but they still absolutely killed it. Weird seeing them in the blazing sunshine and I sweated buckets jumping around in it, but it was just awesome to see them again. Got right down the front with ease too :)

Neil Young was bloody brilliant too, despite me not really knowing any of the songs, so definitely worth the ticket price. Although I'm pretty sure he finished earlier than scheduled?

As others have said, it was impossible to get into the small venues so didn't really see anyone else, which was a shame. Expensive, too, but booze, food and toilet queues were better than expected.

Absolutely lovely crowd and atmosphere too, which must have been the Neil Young factor. Hippies, older people and just lovely really.

Glad you enjoyed the crowd, I must have been unlucky in being surrounded by a bunch of total c**ts - to the extent it almost effected my enjoyment of the gig, but fortunately crazy horse were brilliant enough that they shone through. Great setlist, very ragged glory heavy and very crunchy.

Glad you enjoyed the crowd, I must have been unlucky in being surrounded by a bunch of total c**ts - to the extent it almost effected my enjoyment of the gig, but fortunately crazy horse were brilliant enough that they shone through. Great setlist, very ragged glory heavy and very crunchy.

For The National or for Neil Young? That's a shame. We were down the front for The National but waaaaay back in the crowd for Neil, which might be why there was a nicer atmosphere.

For The National or for Neil Young? That's a shame. We were down the front for The National but waaaaay back in the crowd for Neil, which might be why there was a nicer atmosphere.

For NY. I wanted to move but the missus had a good view and we were right behind a speaker stack so had great sound, plus you could always end up next to an even bigger bunch of c**ts. It was fine though. As I said, the brilliance of NY shone through.

First time I've seen the national and was really impressed. Big outdoor sunny afternoon show is not their thing but they pulled it off brilliantly

Only Love Can Break Your Heart was gorgeous.

Was the first time I've seen him and I was impressed, although found the setting a bit 'meh.' The National also good, plus saw Caitlin Rose in the tent which was great. Not bad for a free ticket I was offered yesterday morning!

And NY did finish about 10 mins early, but I guess fitting another song in might have been difficult, given how long they were lasting!

Be interesting to see how they work st the o2 in November to end the tour

Unsurprisingly, I'll be all over this :D

The venue is a bit soulless but then so is Ally Pally, Manchester Warehouse and Hyde Park and it's made little difference so far. If you're standing down the front I think it's fine and the sound is pretty good at the O2.

Wild Beasts supporting too! Argh. Need a ticket.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be a great show, just so unsure about the venue but as you say, down the front the sound will be just fine. I'll be there

Yeah, I do know what you mean. Really wish I'd gone to see them when they were doing smaller venues. At the same time, though, I'm chuffed that they're doing so well.

This is a real treat - I totally assumed Saturday would be the last chance to see them for ages.

Ooh! Will probably be a killer setlist too. Will have to wait and see though. It shouldn't sell out too quickly should it?

I'd say it will sell out quite quickly, to be honest.

As arenas go the 02 isn't that bad. I'd say it's the second best arena in the UK for sound quality after Leeds arena.

Tempted to get tickets. Any word on price?

I can't find any. 35 maybe? 45 even? I'm going to call in an early birthday present, I think.