The National

Zoo Music Girl

is he still not willing to admit that alligator is top dog?

he's a lost cause I fear, remember his lack of excitement after the cave gig he attended....

Indeed he isn't.

I know, I wanted him to spend a few hours crying on the bathroom floor because it was over before carving the lyrics for 'Into My Arms' into his chest. That's what I did on Tuesday.

They're all ace so I'm refusing to grade them now! Alligator definitely went up in my estimation last night. Then I listened to Boxer and remembered how ace that was.

Oh and if you're gonna slate me Russy I'd have thought it was for my "meh" attitude towards Radiohead.

ha radiohead is a weird one. I do really like them but they are a difficult band to get passionate about so I'm not that arsed when people slag them off. Thom yorke being a whopping great knobhead doesnt help.

agreed.

love the band but would like to smack thom with a haddock these days.

on topic - i've not listened to alligator yet. i only got into the national this year and have been working backwards. boxer is my fav so far and i've been stuck on it for the past couple of months.

i'm being old school and avoiding interviews and youtubes etc. it's really refreshing to go into something blind and just listen to the album. :)

agreed.

love the band but would like to smack thom with a haddock these days.

on topic - i've not listened to alligator yet. i only got into the national this year and have been working backwards. boxer is my fav so far and i've been stuck on it for the past couple of months.

i'm being old school and avoiding interviews and youtubes etc. it's really refreshing to go into something blind and just listen to the album. :)

good stuff.

I think boxer grabs you more immediately than alligator, but over time I think alligator is more of a grower and ultimately wins the day. Either way, they are both ace albums and you have some aural pleasure ahead of you!

Those four albums are so bloody good. I'm doing a The National shuffle on my ipod right now from those four and every song is good. Favourites right now include All The Wine and Fireproof. And Start A War. I haven't studied a single setlist - I would like to be surprised for once in my gig-going life.

That voice - I could just melt into it.

I can't pick a favourite between those 4 albums, but I do have a favourite track is which Guest Room, it's bloody superb & Bryan Devendorf's drums are incredible

After first listening to Trouble earlier this year I left it alone for a while but I can't stop listening to it at the moment; Heavenfaced & Humiliation are awesome tracks

Ah Guest Room, yes, it's lovely. I never remember what the songs are called as I tend to listen to them as complete albums and it all flows into one.

Until today I've never paid that much attention to the drumming but it's fucking great isn't it?

I was sad that Trouble Will Find Me wasn't instant but I really think live it will be mindblowing.

Edited by RebeccaD

i can't believe they are playing alexandra palace.

why don't all bands just get warned off playing that venue? it is the shittiest place.

also

alligator > high violet > sad songs > trouble will find me > boxer > wasps nest EP > the national

Edited by Al2006

I happen to quite like Ally Pally. Either way I am finally seeing them after soooo long so excited :)

Another liker of Ally Pally :D

The acoustics are a bit shit to be fair to it and it's a bit of a bitch to get to but I've enjoyed most gigs I've been to but I do quite like how it's set up there.

Another liker of Ally Pally :D

The acoustics are a bit shit to be fair to it and it's a bit of a bitch to get to but I've enjoyed most gigs I've been to but I do quite like how it's set up there.

Same. I don't think I have a good enough ear to notice the acoustics anyway!

As an aside, just been listening to Guy Garvey's show on 6music. I'm not an Elbow fan by any stretch, but it was so good. He played 'Geese of Beverley Road', 'Spell' by Nick Cave and 'Swordfish Trombones' all in the space of an hour. Highly recommended :D