Hop Farm Festival 2014

Guest sisco

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see which way this goes. New promoter with a fresh approach means it's probably unlikely we'll see the legendary headliners again but I guess we'll see.

especially given the capacity is going down to 20,000 i would guess your very much correct.

How big are festivals such as Bestival, Lattitude? Just trying to get an idea of what size acts it will be looking at.

It'll be interesting to see which way this goes. New promoter with a fresh approach means it's probably unlikely we'll see the legendary headliners again but I guess we'll see.

Wasn't this year a different approach? Didn't seem to work too well.

This article suggests it's returning as a boutique festival. What actually constitutes a 'boutique festival' nowadays?

Something that markerts itself as an 'anti-festival', rallying against the corporate behemoths of R&L and V and bringing back the true spirit of what festivals used to be. Or some shit like that.

Are they talking if it being on the same site,,ie Hop Farm..

Problem is if the later they leave it the more people book up additional festivals..

Nice and local for me,may not have the big names but I'm happy sitting in most fields with live music & cider..

Dudes.. I was looking at hop farm for a few years but couldn't afford it with other ones happening aswell.. 'smaller' festivals really work, check bearded theory for their lineups, they've had a 5k capacity in recent years (it's going up to 10k next year I think) but they've drawn some smashing bands in to headline/beef up the bill.. Maybe due to being spoilt with Dylan etc, hop farm WILL lose a lot of interest but if the promoter is/are serious, it could be another little gem

Statement from HF:

Hello Hop Farmers, well it's been a while, but we have released the following statement today:

Vince Power’s Hop Farm Music Festival is set to return to Kent in 2014, at a new site in Tunbridge Wells. Having used the Hop Farm Family Park to stage 5 Hop Farm Festivals Vince Power has secured a new site in Tunbridge Wells for the 2014 event. Details will be announced in the near future.

Reports
suggest that another festival is to be hosted on The Hop Farm Family Park site, called the Hop Farm Music Festival, but this event has no association with the well-established Hop Farm Music Festival. This is an unfamiliar event organised by an entirely different promoter and team. Despite the naming of this event it is not in any way connected with the esteemed Hop Farm Music Festival.

The Hop Farm Music Festival is an established brand having booked some of the world's biggest artists and priding itself on the best line ups seen in recent years. It has hosted unforgettable performances from the likes of Prince, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Eagles, Primal Scream, Patti Smith, Manu Chao and many more.

The Hop Farm Music Festival 2014 will retain its traditional ethos of No Sponsorship and No Branding and will remain a ‘music festival’ in the truest sense of the title.

Vince Power commented – ‘I have been building the Hop Farm for 6 years now, unfortunately due to the economic climate we had to cancel last year, but the festival is not over. We have a strong brand in the festival market, an instantly recognisable festival and you can’t keep a good festival down.’

Edited by fairy_