Manics

yehbutnobut

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left field opinion but how about they play the 'legend' slot. They have been around for ages 20+ years and have a good history with glasto.

Play the holy bible in full then a 20 minute encore of hits?

Just a thought on how to accommodate the idea because its a really long album, 55 minutes or so

Would a JP headline slot be out of the question? Maybe sunday night?

You mean, Your love alone is not enough, with Nina Persson?.. f***ing great tune that.

That's the one! Nothing against her like, I just can't stand that jangly twee stuff they churn out now. As the poster above said, it's not even a pale imitation.

Just read the interview. Is it me or does the below quote sound a bit like they're signed on already? I.e. 'Would love to do HB, maybe we'll do it at that festival we're doing...' Probably reading too much into it:

As the audience whooped, Wire responded: "I'd like to do it at Glastonbury actually, I really would."

God I can see it now. Manics doing Holy Bible, Pixies and Bowie - and I won't get a ticket.

Edited by RebeccaD

The new album is disappointing for me, but I saw them at manchester ritz the other week and they were incredibly good - so good to see them in a small venue with a great crowd as well. Really enjoyed it and hope they do Glastonbury.

If they did the holy bible do you all think maybe two sets? One main/other in the day and then a holy bible set headlining either the park or john peel? I'd probably do both to be honest, would be a good compromise.

When bands like the vaccines or Mumford in 2011 do two sets I don't really get it, but someone like manics could do two completely different gigs and both be amazing.

I was saying after the ritz gig, keeping in ME, DfL and if you tolerate this, they could have played a completely different set of songs I wanted to hear (little baby nothing, from despair to where, la tristesse, Australia, masses against the classes, autumnsong, faster, no surface all feeling) and it would've been just as good.

haven't bothered with their new album as the single from it just sounded horrible, but i do love most of their output (even stuff like Your Love Alone Is Not Enough, which imo, is just a fucking brilliant pop song)

The Holy Bible in full would be outstanding. not much that could keep me away from going to see that if it happened at Glastonbury

Listening to The Holy Bible now. It still sounds as fresh and amazing as it ever did and I can confirm that were they to do it at Glastonbury it would be one of my all-time greatest sets ever. Yes, 4st 7lb, Archives of Pain, IfWhiteAmerica..., Intense Humming of Evil! God it doesn't bear thinking about quite how good it would be. I haven't listened to it for years but it feels like coming home. I still don't understand how a band can go from such a high point to what they are now!

I hope they at least do some gigs for the anniversary anyway. I would be there with all kinds of bells on.

They put on a great show at the Barrowlands a couple of weeks ago - but when I saw them at V a few years back they were a bit "meh" so I agree with what others say about their festival performances not being their best. I don't see why they couldn't headline the other stage though - I mean surely they are as "big" as Portishead or the XX?

i was at the session yesterday, and they were on great form!

Nicky said they would love to do the holy bible at glastonbury.

i met the band later at a service station on the way home to wales, and Sean the drummer said they had been approached to play last year, and it was looking pretty promising for this year!

bring on the holy bible live!!!!

i was at the session yesterday, and they were on great form!

Nicky said they would love to do the holy bible at glastonbury.

i met the band later at a service station on the way home to wales, and Sean the drummer said they had been approached to play last year, and it was looking pretty promising for this year!

bring on the holy bible live!!!!

With the hologram of Richie?

im not sure where i'd put them. not big enough to headline Other but maybe too big to headline John Peel. they're somewhere in the middle (though if they were doing The Holy Bible in full then John Peel would be best as i'm sure a lot of the crowd would leave after realising it's not your usual greatest hits set)