The 2014 Glasto Get Fit Thread

Ruwise

When i loose weight fast, i eat about 1500-1800 cals a day, i burn a average of about 400-600 cals 6 days a week, either by runs or going to the gym, so my body is taking about 900-1400 cals a day to run it, which makes me loose weight,its a little low but i like a quicker results, i normally try to consume 150-180 grams of protein a day, also use maximuscles cla, diet protein shake, i try to have as many samll meals as possible in my total calory intake

Edited by waynewdk

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, I'll get in on this.

My doctor has recommended me to make lifestyle changes to lower my blood pressure otherwise they're going to have to consider putting me on medication. I'm only 28 and I'm supremely unfit.

Thanks to a few of you mentioning it I've just discovered Couch to 5K. I'm going to get cracking on that, although I'm already anticipating how embarrassing I'll find it in the early weeks to be huffing and puffing my way around. I last went to Glastonbury in 2008 and although I wasn't much smaller then, I was certainly fitter.

The Couch 2 5K app is brilliant - you'll be amazed how much you improve each week! I completed it earlier this year, shortly before damaging my knee ligaments! :) Go for it!

I cooked a full english breakfast every morn at glasto 2010, 5 days breakfasts, and then bbq at tea, ribs, cheese burgers, use a oven tray and a stove the type you fit like a wd40 canister in

Thanks very much for the response. Are there any issues/improvements you could suggest about your method of cooking? and a general consensus on how many other people cooking you witnessed when there?

Edited by NathanLM

I've got a knackered back after having a fall and have piled on the pounds - Tramadol, shift work & feeling fed up are not good weight loss options.

But I got tickets and I will be fit for Glasto! I'm currently 15:10 and by Glasto I'm aiming for 14:00 (or somewhere close). I've just had steroid injections in my spine so if they work as well as the last ones I've got 12 weeks to make a difference.

Good luck to you! I'm in a similar situation - damaged base of my spine in an accident at work in august so now on long term sick. I'm on tramadol, ibuprofen, paracetamol and was put on amitryptaline yesterday :( no way I'm gonna be back at work any time soon but determined to be back on my feet for Glasto!

I had to cancel my tickets this year due to starting stupid new job at the same week. The same job that's fooked my back thanks to arsehole bosses and just made me redundant.

So onwards and upwards :)

I've recently bought a hula hoop, which I can now use. Excellent for strengthening back and abdominal muscles, or so I'm told. I hotel stay mon-fri, so plan to hula hoop whilst TV watching for 30 mins at least three nights a week. No excess weight to lose, and walk a fair bit for my job. My problem is getting back ache standing watching bands, carrying kit and walking isn't the problem!!

I can fully recommend hula hooping for muscle strengthening and weight loss! Two weeks at it, 10-20 mins a day during the week in front of the telly. 3bls lost and I can feel muscles toning!!

I did well on the runup to glasto this year, lost a stone and got to week 7 of 8 of a couch to 5k app the week before. However I turned my ankle on Glastonbury Friday and ligaments have still not recovered fully so haven't been able to exercise much since as running was the first thing I'd found that I enjoyed and could get into a routine with. Have put on about half a stone since and still impatiently waiting for my ankle to sort itself out.

I totally love this thread as after I got tickets for Glastonbury I mentioned to someone at work that I was now gonna join the gym to get fit for Glasto and they totally ribbed me.

Starting now to take the softly softly approach! Planning on losing some weight generally over the next few months (I lost some weight in the run up to Glasto last year and felt all the more energetic for it!) and then spring time planning on doing some weights to strengthen up my shoulders so carrying everything doesn't seem like so much of a chore and then gonna be doing some mammoth treks in preparation for those treks around the site

Good luck to you! I'm in a similar situation - damaged base of my spine in an accident at work in august so now on long term sick. I'm on tramadol, ibuprofen, paracetamol and was put on amitryptaline yesterday :( no way I'm gonna be back at work any time soon but determined to be back on my feet for Glasto!

I had to cancel my tickets this year due to starting stupid new job at the same week. The same job that's fooked my back thanks to arsehole bosses and just made me redundant.

So onwards and upwards :)

Ah that's shit! Hoping 2014 is a better year for you!

• 2 weeks later...

It's end of week 2 on my cycle 2000 miles by glasto challenge. I've managed to stay above the average miles needed and have done 134.7m , which I'm pleased with considering the conditions.

Also on weight front I've lost 1lb, steady loss which I'm happy with. Amongst all this visited legoland and had drinking session with old mates, so pleased to be on track

Follow my progress at www.justgiving.com/drewstrat

Edited by drewsstrat

• 1 month later...

obviously had a bit of a break over christmas but i've been keeping up with the gym pretty well - try and go at least three times a weak. had a few injuries over the past few months though (sprained my ankle a couple of months back and fucked up my shoulder on one of the gym machines) which slowed me a bit. but yeah, should have something to show for it all come Glastonbury!