The 2014 Glasto Get Fit Thread

Ruwise

So a few days have passed since the agony and the ecstasy that is ticket day. Now for those of us that were successful it's time to start looking at being being fit enough to handle the pace.

Who has kept up their fitness regime from last year and who is hoping to turn up this year fitter than ever before?

Last year I did loads of walking as prep for Glastonbury and since January I've changed my lifestyle to be healthier and fitter in general and since I got home from the last Glastonbury I started doing the Couch to 5k and next week I finish that and I am working up to doing the Great Manchester Run which is 10k. All of this running I'm hoping will lead to a new and improved ruwise turning up at Glasto in June.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up in the run up to Glasto this year :lol:

Haven't got back in to since it, but will be going again. I've decided from next week to stop doing my cross trainer of a morning before work so I've got less excuses of getting in late/feeling tired/mums just finished cooking dinner ...or my dads sitting in the living room smoking etc.

I'm also actually trying with foods, so that will help a ton more this year as I didn't bother last year :). If i could go down a clothing size or two, I'd be more than happy for next year :D

I'm pretty sure I say this same thing on this thread every year..but definitely need to put in some preparation this year. 2013 was definitely the year I'd struggled most with carrying things. I'd like to blame America and the fact sugar is in EVERYTHING! Oh and Mexican food, so much tasty Mexican food. Or that I caught the bus so had more to carry than making trips from the car. But excuses, excuses..still need to do something about it.

Finally got back into some form of a gym routine over the last few weeks, so we'll see how that goes.

Good look everyone, we can do it!

I shall join in on this! My back is a mess - so starting with pilates so I can get back in to the running, and much more walking & cycling in the meantime!

I'd like to be able to carry my rucksack for more than an hour before I want to curl up in a corner & cry on the Wednesday - that alone will be quite an achievement!

I'm doing sober October and not drinking all month. Felt like a cider Sunday am though when missed out on tickets

Hopefully cutting back on booze will help me get in shape but I'll make up for it at the cider bus!!! (Positive thinking)

Edited by rischbrit

I've moved house and job so now have a 3 mile round trip walk every day. I've been doing it for 4 weeks and can already see the difference in my waistline and feel the difference stmina wise.

I'm surrounded by hils now too so get a decent walk in most weekends too.

I was a stone and a half lighter at this years fest compared to 2 years before and it was noticeable on the legs when I got back. That said, my stupid decision to do Williams Green / Park / JPT / West Holts to catch a load of stuff within the space of 2 hours put a lot of strain on them.

CV at the gym really helps, stepper x-trainer etc. As it stands I'm on holiday next month and starting my training for my first marathon so I'm getting fit earlier this year. Also off the booze this month. Madness.

Good luck everybody.

I've got a knackered back after having a fall and have piled on the pounds - Tramadol, shift work & feeling fed up are not good weight loss options.

But I got tickets and I will be fit for Glasto! I'm currently 15:10 and by Glasto I'm aiming for 14:00 (or somewhere close). I've just had steroid injections in my spine so if they work as well as the last ones I've got 12 weeks to make a difference.

I've recently bought a hula hoop, which I can now use. Excellent for strengthening back and abdominal muscles, or so I'm told. I hotel stay mon-fri, so plan to hula hoop whilst TV watching for 30 mins at least three nights a week. No excess weight to lose, and walk a fair bit for my job. My problem is getting back ache standing watching bands, carrying kit and walking isn't the problem!!

I'm interested in keeping in on this. We will be campervan bound, so no carrying stuff in. But the trawl around day by day did give me fatigue last year, landing up in cv east every night.

So after a summer hol in August where I piled on the pounds, I've now lost 15lb. I've taken up cycling, it's becoming a obsession, I commute to work most days and do a big ride on the weekend.

I use the strava IPhone app to track progress, and after being a self confessed couch potato with a desk job, I'm pleased with my progress. This week I cycled 52 miles in total, and aim to target the 55 mile brecon to Cardiff Taff trail in the spring.

The winter is going to be harder but I'm hoping I can get some push from seeing what others are doing here. Perhaps the cyclists amongst us should create a strava or skygo group to push each other on.

I have put on two stone this year (and counting) and am the fattest I have ever been. I am really feeling the weight gain just walking around as I am getting out if breath even walking short distances. I even managed to put on weight during Glastonbury this year! None of my clothes fit anymore as I have a massive cider belly. I will be waddling round the festival at this rate. Everyone is noticing my weight gain and friends and family have been commenting. I always used to be able to eat and drink what I want but not anymore. I am officially a fatty! I am so embarassed!

Edited by Glasto fan