"FURIOUS" twitter & others, just booked as Glasto, saying "you only lose £10

Guest tinktink

never even got near the holding page this year never had a problem before to say am gutted is a understatement but what makes it worse is all over twitter and facebook even friends kids have all said " got a Glasto ticket if the line us is crap or i dont want to go you only lose £10) :mad: I would rather they made you pay the £50 if you dont go you lose the whole deposit maybe people will think twice whether to commit,

never even got near the holding page this year never had a problem before to say am gutted is a understatement but what makes it worse is all over twitter and facebook even friends kids have all said " got a Glasto ticket if the line us is crap or i dont want to go you only lose £10) :mad: I would rather they made you pay the £50 if you dont go you lose the whole deposit maybe people will think twice whether to commit,

When you are booking tickets that far ahead anything could happen. People who intend to go now may not be able to go by the time the balance is due for a number of reasons, so it wouldn't be fair to make people give up £50, especially if someone couldn't go because they had lost their job and could no longer afford it. If the balances are not paid the tickets will go back into the resale, so those who want to go will get there in the end. I think with Glastonbury if you really want to go and you pursue every possible avenue you will get there in the end.

I can understand OP's point and why you're annoyed. The other side of the argument is that at least if someone decides not to go, others get the chance in the resale. Until registration started you'd have found today that a load of sharks would have bought tickets and secondary sellers and sites would be in meltdown charging way over the odds for tickets. Current systems maybe not perfect but it's a lot better than pre registration.

It is annoying as I suspect there are a percentage of people essentially paying £15 to have an option on a ticket once they see who the headliners are. Hopefully 'having a punt on a ticket now' will translate into not paying the balance as (a) they don't like the headliners or (B) don't actually want to cough up another £150 odd quid.

I bought tickets in Oct 2010 for 2011 and was gutted to have to give them up in the April due to a cancer diagnosis and pending chemo, I couldn't have afforded to lose £50 at that point, but it wasn't a priority. I say if there's the slightest chance you want to go, get a ticket and if things change throw it back in the April pot for others who missed - luck of the draw unfortunately, and potentially more for the resale. Sometimes there are genuine reasons for not being able to go, and I always buy the insurance just in case...