Farmer Phil's 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

think you must be able to..... "Day Ticket holders must vacate the campsite by 11am the next day." says that on the website on the camping section.

Cheers dude. Emailed them and they replied can get day tickets, £40. Do fancy it, but might do something else in the north instead.

You going to? Line up looks really good. Shame as I did fancy it.

Cheers dude. Emailed them and they replied can get day tickets, £40. Do fancy it, but might do something else in the north instead.

You going to? Line up looks really good. Shame as I did fancy it.

yeah, going this year, not been for the last couple of years but did it 4 times on the trot previously, always a good weekend...... line up particually good this year.. 3 good headliners and quite a few wanna see`s as well.

I'm teacher training in Welshpool the week before. Going up and back from my home each day is a 250 mile round trip. So I'm thinking about taking my caravan up early and staying at the site. I'd then just have a 20 mile trip each day to Welshpool and a festival at the end.

The line up and the setting looks good and I quite fancy a small festival again as, sadly, there is no Croissant Neuf Summer Party this year.

If anyone is going or has any advice/experience of the festival I'd be pleased to read your comments.

I'm teacher training in Welshpool the week before. Going up and back from my home each day is a 250 mile round trip. So I'm thinking about taking my caravan up early and staying at the site. I'd then just have a 20 mile trip each day to Welshpool and a festival at the end.

The line up and the setting looks good and I quite fancy a small festival again as, sadly, there is no Croissant Neuf Summer Party this year.

If anyone is going or has any advice/experience of the festival I'd be pleased to read your comments.

Hi grumpyhack, not been for 3 years but going back this year. It apprently moved over a couple of fields last year so I dont know the exact layout.

The festival itself is very old school, camp next to your car etc, the bar had a good range of beers, ciders etc and cold guiness.

toilets etc were plentyfull and kept clean.

The last few times i`ve been we`ve camped from the Tue before till the Tue after and for the first 3 days just used it as a base to explore out and about, the nearest little town has a public swimmimg pool so we used that as well.

One word of warning though...... follow the directions on the website and don`t try following a map or sat nav..... it`s at the top of a hill/mountain :) and what looks an ok road can be a nightmare (esp with a caravan)

Good line up and the atmosphere has always been good. If we get clear skys at night the stars are amazing, metrorite showers expected!

If you decide to go give us a shout and we`ll meet up, we`re going Wednesday this year.

Hi Boilerman,

Bought my ticket today. I aim to go from the Sunday before and get settled in, pop over to Welshpool each day Mon-Thurs to do my training and then settle down for a fest Fri-Mon.

So far one other member of our Glasto Gang going but he won't be able to come up till Saturday morning.

Do call round. My caravan is a Coachman Amara 520/4. I should have the full sized awning up and a 6 metre illuminated flagpole with a new scarecrow windsock. My car will be parked alongside. A silver Honda Accord Estate LD05BNF.

Cheers,

Grumpyhack (aka Pete).

Hi Boilerman,

Bought my ticket today. I aim to go from the Sunday before and get settled in, pop over to Welshpool each day Mon-Thurs to do my training and then settle down for a fest Fri-Mon.

So far one other member of our Glasto Gang going but he won't be able to come up till Saturday morning.

Do call round. My caravan is a Coachman Amara 520/4. I should have the full sized awning up and a 6 metre illuminated flagpole with a new scarecrow windsock. My car will be parked alongside. A silver Honda Accord Estate LD05BNF.

Cheers,

Grumpyhack (aka Pete).

All souds good :) have you checked with them that you can get on site on the Sunday? normally its from the Tues.

Will def catch up with you at some point..... my flag will be flying its the one in my avatar..... and it will be flying upside down.

:beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach::beach:

Hi Boilerman,

My new windsock hasn't arrived so look out for a well lit flagpole and possibly my old Daffodil windsock. The car and caravan will be the same and my mob will be 07768 238860.

Cheers

Grumpyhack - aka Pete.

You did better than me for time. I waited till my caravan awning had dried out thoroughly before packing it away, had a leisurely drive down to park up the caravan at its storage site near the Severn Bridge - so I finally arrived home around 5.30pm - an hour after you made it all the way to Glasgow.

Now to start work on a suggested line up list for next year.