BoomTown 2014

Guest 5co77ie

Being a mid-thirties man who went with another and a forties guy this year (and am again next year), I'd say go for it but you will be a fair bit older than average and you will have to be able to accept that most people on site are having a high old time! If you're up for fun, the young 'uns will make you very welcome!

I'll second that as just about spot on. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, sorry to bombard this topic.

I was just wondering if anyone who has been to Boomtown previously could help me out?

I'm studying set design in uni and want to apply to make something at the festival.

Wildow / Room Installations sound good but I don't know exactly what these are… Can anyone fill me in/send some pictures etc? I can't seem to find any images from past years myself and there's no additional information/description online.

Thank you in advance,

Adele!

We have tickets :) my partner has been raving about this festival for a few years now and so he bought us tickets in November. We are travelling from Scotland and although I am used to camping at festivals i'm wondering whether it would be best to get a little bit of comfort this time and get one of the podpad thingies. Think there might be 6 of us all together.

Also can anyone tell me the closest airport to the site? we would be flying down and no doubt buying all our supplies etc down there. Oh, and is it cash or tokens? (please say cash please say cash!)

Southampton (Eastleigh) is probably the nearest airport, tho it might be worth checking Heathrow too - it's further away but the travelling time from the airport is probably not so different.

Most of the camping is on sloping ground (some areas much better than others), so an 'accomodation option' might be better (I can't remember seeing any, so I can't tell you if they're on flatter ground). If I were you I'd check on how sloping the ground is before buying one else you might find you've paid loads to be no more comfortable than you might be in a tent.

It's cash at the bars and stalls.

Have a great time, it's a fantastic festival - definitely one of the best around.

hi can any one tell me if they do carers tickets for boom ???

cheers

Hey yes they do provide carer tickets at boomtown, I got one last year as I have epilepsy. Really easy to do; you get sent an extra bar code with your ticket and just need to provide proof of your disability at the gate.

• 4 weeks later...
Jimmy Cliff, Cat Empire, Hayseed Dixie, Wailers, Easy Star All Stars, Mungos Hi-Fi, Trojan Sound System, Bellowhead, Eliza Carthy, 3 Daft Monkeys, Beans on Toast, Skinny Lister, Stanton Warriors, Altern 8 and fucking Chas & Dave!!!
All good so far :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! Can anyone tell me if they are serious about the 16 can rule? like will I actually get turned away if i bring in a few crates/spirits etc?? The amount of money I am spending getting to the festival, I would like to bring my own booze.

Thanks

Hello! Can anyone tell me if they are serious about the 16 can rule? like will I actually get turned away if i bring in a few crates/spirits etc?? The amount of money I am spending getting to the festival, I would like to bring my own booze.

Thanks

Not so much turned away more tied to barrel and then tossed into the River Itchen ;)

already too excited for boomtown...

so what is on everyone's agenda for boomtown 2014? or what was your highlight of the festival last year? there's so much stuff to do and see there I thought I would try and start thinking about what i want to do :)

I definitely need to explore more this year, watching that video has made me realize how much of the festival I didn't see!!

xxx

• 1 month later...