Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

Thanks Daz-Riggers and ilbeyene for your responses to my earlier post. I have booked my ticket and am looking forward to Sziget in August!

I saw this on their official Sziget page:

"Want to know the winners of our xmas game? Everything will be revealed this Friday and what we know for sure is that there are not 3, but 9 winners! Stay tuned!"

They had something called the 'wishlist' on their website that was put on there around xmas. Does anyone know if this is this what they are talking about? Can we expect to see 9 new names tomorrow?

They had a Christmas game where people could wish for things (Not necessarily specific bands, anything at all) and tomorrow they'll announce some 'winners' who's wishes will come true at the Fest.

Could be anything from 'partying on stage with X' which might include the reveal of a new name, or things like "I want a free five day supply of beer" or "I want to arrive by helicopter" etc etc

This is true, could have announcements as early as tomorrow. Arctic Monkeys are playing just about every festival in Europe this year so can imagine that as an announcement

This is true, could have announcements as early as tomorrow. Arctic Monkeys are playing just about every festival in Europe this year so can imagine that as an announcement

Unfortunately Arctic Monkeys are headlining Summer Sonic in Japan on the 16-17th August. It means they could only play Sziget on the 12th or on the 13th August but we have already Qotsa and Placebo headlining on those days.

Knew skrillex would be announced, not my thing but great live apparently. Couldn't think of anything worse than Macklemore. I hope to god he isn't taking a headline spot.... Borgore too haha, mental dub step this year haha

Do you think Skrillex will headline ? it would be 2 Dj headliners, i think it's a bit too much !

I think macklemore will be second from the top !

On the Sziget website the first name is Macklemore and Lewis, then it's QOTSA, then Skrillex, then Placebo, then Calvin Harris.

They have one song which has been played 173 million times on Spotify! I've never heard of them until today, and it's really not my thing at all, but can't see them not headlining.

Ditto Skrillex, but at least I'll enjoy that.

Edit: Could actually see Macklemore and Lewis playing the LMFAO slot from 2012 before Calvin Harris I guess. But I can't see them not headlining considering they were the main 'name' act announced today, at least in the organisers eyes.

Edited by Uncle Liam

Hello all, Just got my ticket. Me and my friends have been deliberating do we camp or do we high a apartment close? Anyone been previous and have any advice.

The reason we are questioning camping is that we would have to bring tents and sleeping bags on the plane from the UK. Is there a system where you can pay a little extra and have some tents already then put up? Thanks

The reason we are questioning camping is that we would have to bring tents and sleeping bags on the plane from the UK. Is there a system where you can pay a little extra and have some tents already then put up? Thanks

Book a ho(s)tel for the first night and buy the bulk of your camping gear at the huge local Auchan supermarket which is less than a 5-10 minute walk from the Sziget entrance.

Not sure about the tent supply (could be limited) but their supply of sleeping bags, inflatable beds, foldable chairs, etc usually doesn't run out until the end of Sziget.

• Upvote 1