Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

Don't get this whole day -1 day 0 thing. I booked up once they announced qotsa. Not a big fan of blink so not fussed to be missing them.

People who booked ultra early may have based their flights and accommodation from "day 1" so they miss out on a load of bands on day 0.

Why not just tell us it's a 7 day festival? It's not just the festival goer that misses out, they won't get our beer money!

Sziget IS a 7 days festival and it was a 7 days festival also in previous years. In 2011 Prince played on Day 0, in 2010 UB40 and The Wailers played on Day 0, in 2008 Iron Maiden played on Day 0. It depends on the years if the acts of these 2 days are international or only hungarian. 5 days ticket is just a possibility like the daily ticket.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone stayed at the VIP camping before? Is it worth the extra money?

2. Are there any concerts on 18. august, or is 17. august the last festival day?

3. Can I buy a tent in Budapest the day the festival starts (day -1), or should I buy before I arrive?

4. Is it recommended to arrive before day -1?

I have never been but just from reading these forums I feel like I can answer 2,3,4

2. The 17th I believe is the last day, you have to be out early on the 18th.

3. You can buy there and I plan to do so, my friends who have been did this.

4. Not especially if you don't want to see the city, I am doing so because I want to do a few days exploring outside of the festival before getting properly involved.

When do the day splits get announced?? Seems a bit mashed up at the minute. Lots of acts, but not exactly clear who the headliners are and on what day they are playing... Its extremely unorganised at the moment!

thanks that helps a lot haha! Seems there is much less of the main lineup announced than i thought... hopefully plenty more to come!

Oh yeah. I've just found their policy. "...services are the same as in the case of a Sziget Weekly Pass for the given days, with the exception of Sziget not guaranteeing a tent-place." Great :biggrin:

Edited by mm_zg

That's cool thanks. I read it in a guide book my boss gave me. Thinking about it now, the books probably quite old!

On a side note I think I made the right decision to go Sziget over Glasto this year after looking at the full line-up release last night.

Hi,

Me and a few friends are planning on going to Sziget this year and we cannot wait!! I have a few questions tho:

We plan on getting the 7day ticket with camping; I guess there is lockers for personal and valuable things but are there enough? Or would we want to get there early to get one.

Are there places to charge your phone while there?

Is bringing your own drink out of the question? (wouldn't be huge beer drinkers)

We plan on buying camping gear there from the shop, will we have to get there early to get our stuff and is it expensive?

How much money would you need for the week, roughly?

Sorry about all the questions but hope ye can help :)

Thanks guys!!

Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, A day to Remember, Cee Lo Green, Caspa and Freddy Le Grant all been announced, that's a strong announcement, think that's just influenced me to go now, just need some cash

They announced them 29. april. Hoping for a new announcement soon. Any chance they will sign up The Libertines?

Libertines are playing in Hyde Park 5th July, Babyshambles are playing at Rock Werchter 6th July. Libertines are playing at Benicassim 19th July, Babyshambles are playing in Switzerland 17th July and Germany 25th July.

It's probably unlikely, but not impossible? Babyshambles are playing 10th August in France, 16th in Russia and somewhere between 13th-16th August in Austria.

If the Libertines aren't coming, I hope we get Babyshambles at least.