Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

It's an ok announcement. Quite happy at the Prodigy. I last saw them live... 17 years ago! Blimey, getting back to the 'old git' thread again! ;) I saw Palma Violets and a bit of Miles Kane at Pinkpop last year and thought they were ok. I guess they'll keep me entertained if there's nothing else on. I think I saw Jagwar Ma at Glasto last year, but my memory is very very vague, thanks to the Brothers cider.

Hi Guys, I was thinking about going to Sziget this year but was wondering if someone could give me a bit more information.

1. When do people generally go? Monday - Monday? I was thinking about going for 10 days and seeing the city afterwards.

2. Do people usually get a shuttle bus or a taxi from the airport to the site? And how long does this take?

Thanks! :)

saw Prodigy, Bonobo and half show of Miles Kane last Pukkelpop and they were all great and would love

to see again

the other names I don't know that much

still hope for some good rock bands

do you think that there will be more names before tickets price go up (April 30)?

Edited by amfest12

Tuesday is day 0 with Queen of the Stone Age and apparently other bands. I don't know for monday. Calvin Harris will do the end show the sunday and monday morning we have to leave.

You can take a moving-in ticket and install your tent starting saturday 9th, this way you will have a good camping spot and 2 days to visit the city ;)

@amfest12

There is probably several hundred bands playing over 30+ stages. There are 4 huge stages

Main Stage - Open air - 4 acts per day starting at 4pm - total 20 bands

A38 Stage - Giant tent - 5/6 acts per day - plays mainly Indie bands - 25 to 30 bands

Arena - Giant tent - 5/6 acts per day - plays mainly electronic acts - 25 to 30 bands

World music stage - 5/6 acts per day - Open air- Have a guess what they play here! - 25 - 30 bands

So over the main 5 days of the festival you get at least 70 internationally famous bands and if you are into world music you can add 25 more. Day 0 will probably only have main stage acts (and maybe 1 other stage open) so add another 4+.

Day -1 has always been Hungarian music day and again has 1 or 2 stages open.

There are also lots of other, mostly small stages dotted about such as Puglia stage (italian music) Hungarian music stage (this is the largest of the smaller stages), Blues stage, irish stage, cover bands stage.... You also have several DJ venues playing indoor and outdoor sets.

There is also a large tent with Circus acts on all day - Hungry is big on Circus so the acts here are excellent. As well as all the venues there are 1000 other things to do so I promise you, you won't be bored.

tnx jjason!

that sounds great, really into world music

it's my favorite festival for this year

now I just wonder if there will be another big names on the lineup

since I like rock the most and Placebo & QOTSA which are ok but still not that exciting for me..

4-5 good names and I'll probably get my tickets

Hi everyone, looking into booking up this festival after the latest round of announcements. Hoping to get some advise from people who have been before and apologies if these questions have already been asked...

How comfortable is the standard camping? Having found camping at Benicassim in 35 degrees heat with no shade at all unbearable I don't want to be in the same situation for an entire week! I've seen a few pictures of the camping and it seems that there is a bit more cover from the trees at Sziget.

With the VIP camping option, I'm struggling to see the value in €130 for what seems to be the same as standard camping but with a swimming pool and a few minor additions thrown in? Or are the pictures I've seen of the shaded areas in the VIP area only?

Is there an option to hire tents for the week? Would be nice to avoid lugging a tent all the way from London.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, looking into booking up this festival after the latest round of announcements. Hoping to get some advise from people who have been before and apologies if these questions have already been asked...

How comfortable is the standard camping? Having found camping at Benicassim in 35 degrees heat with no shade at all unbearable I don't want to be in the same situation for an entire week! I've seen a few pictures of the camping and it seems that there is a bit more cover from the trees at Sziget.

With the VIP camping option, I'm struggling to see the value in €130 for what seems to be the same as standard camping but with a swimming pool and a few minor additions thrown in? Or are the pictures I've seen of the shaded areas in the VIP area only?

Is there an option to hire tents for the week? Would be nice to avoid lugging a tent all the way from London.

Thanks in advance!

The camping is more comfortable than Beni because there's a lot more trees and shade in general. You might need to hike around a bit to find your spot, since you basically camp where you like. And obviously the earlier you get there, the more likely you are to find a good pitch.

VIP camping includes a few other extras - there's a shop and bar, plus you get free WiFi, free phone charging and safety deposit, and special showers/toilets as well as the pool. But for that sort of money you could pretty much get yourself a bed in a hostel, then chuck in a city pass to get around for the week and you'd be set.

Derm B)

Just booked sziget with one other mate, looking forward to finally checking out another euro festival after going to Outlook 2012. Anyone got any advice on the festival, or tips.

At other UK Fetsivals ive attending some people from efest usually camp toghther to form a bigger group. Does anything like this happen at Sziget?

The camping is more comfortable than Beni because there's a lot more trees and shade in general. You might need to hike around a bit to find your spot, since you basically camp where you like. And obviously the earlier you get there, the more likely you are to find a good pitch.

VIP camping includes a few other extras - there's a shop and bar, plus you get free WiFi, free phone charging and safety deposit, and special showers/toilets as well as the pool. But for that sort of money you could pretty much get yourself a bed in a hostel, then chuck in a city pass to get around for the week and you'd be set.

Derm B)

Thanks for the reply.

Will certainly look into hostels/hotels before we decide. Always preferred to camp if possible myself, just for the added atmosphere etc but staying in hotels and using the public transport seems quite popular with this festival.

V Festival announced tonight The Killers... it would be perfect do you think we have any chance to see them come? :(

Could be but in my opinion it will be too much similar to Sziget 2012 line up with Placebo and The Killers... And come on, the Prodigy headlined in 2009 and 2011!

I mean, they need to invite some new bands to headline, like Kings Of Leon, The Strokes, Massive Attack, Red Hot and Foo Fighters!