Secret Garden Party 2014

Guest PDAD

My friend emailed about something similar to this and SGP emailed back saying they will be checking ID on arrival and if you are under 18 you must come with a guardian. On the website it says; over 21 for 1 teen/over 25 for 2 teens x

I agree with whoever said it wasn't as good in 2013 as it had been the previous year 2012. It's still a fab festival though especially if you prefer the dancier side of music (although there is plenty to keep an indie girl such as myself entertained also).

Having said this I don't think I would ever pay to go. I have only been the last 2 years and volunteered both times. Personally I think it's overpriced for what you get but as a freebie it's a lot of fun.

Sadly I will not be returning this year but hope to get back there in 2015 all being well. Think Ibiza in a field with lots of Glastonbury randomness thrown in. With additional naked swimming.

• 3 weeks later...

i had an idea for sneaking booze in: take a multipack of water, fill one with vodka, replace it, and take one bottle out and drink it as you go through security, if they ask why the multipack is open just say 'i got thirsty' and show the bottle you took out. Would this work?

Edited by holli3

• 2 weeks later...

What's the security like getting into the camp area, not the main site, I understand that there are sniffer dogs. But the IOW festival these were only at the entrance to the main arena not the camp area.

Any previous SGP attendees aka gardeners share there tips or experience of sneaking 'stuff' in?

What's the security like getting into the camp area, not the main site, I understand that there are sniffer dogs. But the IOW festival these were only at the entrance to the main arena not the camp area.

Any previous SGP attendees aka gardeners share there tips or experience of sneaking 'stuff' in?

Security is tight. There is only one entry point which gets you in to main site camping and arenas so everything goes past the security and sniffer dogs. Maximum ingenuity required! Internal maybe.