Secret Garden Party 2014

Guest PDAD

Doubt it after this years , what a disappointment.

My first time in 2012 and it was its 10th year anniversary , even though it was really muddy it was the nuts with a large buzzing crowd. This year was dire , did not sell out tickets so it was quiet , there were large stages playing with no one in front of them , atmosphere was severely lacking and organisers telling us there was no guide/line up as they had been stolen...who the **** would steal a load of guides , I got the impression that because they had not sold many tickets they didn't print many guides meaning there was some good acts that I missed because finding a guide on anyone was like trying to find rocking horse shit.

Lot better festivals out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year me and my mates attended latitude festival, which was amazing, but we had heard great things about SGP. We had no problem getting into latitude as there was no need for a guardian if under 18.

This year we will all be 17. After reading the FAQ, im shitting myself. I believe I have already purchased an adult ticket, however I will not be 18, and I am not one of those really old looking guys. Would it have been better to buy a teen ticket and be asked for a guardian? Do they really ID if you look under 21? I really want to enjoy SGP but i can only imagine how shit it would be to be turned back on the gates for simply being one year too young...

Just for clarification, I know of nobody that is over 21 and is going, there would be no possibility for me to enter 'legitimately'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know people have asked before but generally how strict is security, in terms of checking ID and things? Me and my friends will be 17 then, really want to go but I can't really afford to buy a ticket and then not get in... Would fake IDs be of any use or do they have scanners?

• 1 month later...

Ok, scrap that. Just found this expertly hidden away on the site:

Gate Opening Times

The gates open at 12pm Thursday. They will remain open for the following hours for entry, but you can leave whenever you like.

Thursday 24th July: 12pm – 10pm

Friday 25th July: 10am – 10pm

Saturday 26 July: 10am – 10pm

Sunday 27th July: 12pm – 6pm

Monday 28th July 10am – 4pm

There is strictly NO entry outside of these times.

This includes ALL guest lists.

If you think you are going to arrive late, stay at home or be prepared to spend the night in the car.

Edited by manlikemoley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year me and my mates attended latitude festival, which was amazing, but we had heard great things about SGP. We had no problem getting into latitude as there was no need for a guardian if under 18.

This year we will all be 17. After reading the FAQ, im shitting myself. I believe I have already purchased an adult ticket, however I will not be 18, and I am not one of those really old looking guys. Would it have been better to buy a teen ticket and be asked for a guardian? Do they really ID if you look under 21? I really want to enjoy SGP but i can only imagine how shit it would be to be turned back on the gates for simply being one year too young...

Just for clarification, I know of nobody that is over 21 and is going, there would be no possibility for me to enter 'legitimately'.