• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Tickets for Rock City will fly out in seconds. I'd be very tempted to go, I thought they were brilliant at Leeds.

They will, I'll try and get somewhere to be able to get them but I'm fine if I don't. I'd probably need the next day off as well, very early starter at work.

Tickets are only about £30

Edited by thewayiam

Got to get tickets for BMTH as well but thankfully BMTH have a pre sale at 9am and The Libertines has one at 10am so I do hope to get at least one tomorrow so I can try again on Friday :lol:

I'm going for BMTH tickets as well! Thought about Donny Dome but have opted for Ally Pally as I hope it'll take slightly longer to sell. When is the BMTH presale?

I'm going for BMTH tickets as well! Thought about Donny Dome but have opted for Ally Pally as I hope it'll take slightly longer to sell. When is the BMTH presale?

Tomorrow at 9am and there is a O2 pre sale for two of the venues (Donny is one of them) but I think you can get in it if you pre order the album. I'm going to go for Donny Dome as even though I'll be at Uni of Manchester then and getting back isn't possible that late, I can just go back to my house and return the next day. I just hope I don't have to be anyway early on the Friday :lol:

Edited by justanothername

Great weekend at Reading! Fifth consecutive year for me and my expectations prior to the festival were probably at their lowest for each year I've been as the line up didn't seem great beforehand but I was proven to be completely wrong! I think the group of people I was with this year helped with that as there were 8 of us camped together (normally only 4 or 5).

On the Thursday I actually went in to the arena for once for all the rides/attractions and made a really good night of it rather than sitting in camp around a fire playing drinking games.

Friday:

Youth Man - 6/10 - A friend of mine knew one of the techs with the band so went along, decent enough sound but obviously didn't know any of their music.

Drenge - 7/10 - Enjoyable set, I think they were better on the NME last year but still brought all their energy to the main stage.

Peace (BBC Introducing set) - 8/10 - Never really been able to get into their music but this short set was great and they had a decent crowd turn up too.

Panic! At The Disco - 8/10 - Really surprised me, not much of a fan but the group I was with were. Brendon Urie has a great range in his vocals and they made a good attempt at covering Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bastille - 7/10 - Nothing amazing here, usual energy and played a good set - they've been touring Bad Blood for 2 years now so I think the album is due its release soon.

Alt-J - 8/10 - Really enjoying their music at the moment, solid set and seemed genuinely pleased to be performing as sub-headliner.

Mumford & Sons - 9/10 - First time seeing Mumford and they were amazing! Nice mix of new and old, good crowd interaction and the crowd was immense!

Saturday:

Nothing but thieves - 8/10 - Really good opening for Saturday, home town band too so I might be a little bit bias.

Foals (secret set) - 9/10 - New music is great, played a good selection of their hits too - only negative here is that their set wasn't long enough!

Wolf Alice (BBC Introducing set) - 8/10 - Really looking forward to seeing these guys on their tour later in the year and that's been made even more so by this performance. Knew I'd be missing their set later on in the day on the NME so was a bonus seeing them open with Moaning Lisa Smile and play Bros too!

PVRIS - 8/10 - An act that have been given the completely wrong slot in my opinion, with the amount of hype around and the push they've had from the BBC continuously playing their hits on the radio and giving them loads of publicity online they needed a much bigger venue than The Pit. For the 6 songs that they did play they were great but could've been even better on the NME earlier on in the day!

Royal Blood - 5/10 - Massively disappointed with their arrogance, fifth time I've seen them and they've always been better than the last. They've worked incredibly hard to get to this point and smashed their performance at Brixton but here they just seemed too cocky for a (so far) one album wonder. Will have to see if they can improve at the Foo Fighter's gigs this weekend.

Bring Me The Horizon - 7/10 - Again, another act that I think disappointed after being given a huge platform to build on. After seeing them at Wembley in December I think I had set my expectations too high for them to go to another level at Reading, their stage setup was incredible but I feel as if Oli was holding back, lots of backing on the new songs, left a lot of singing to the crowd and saying things like 'This is it', 'we need more pits' more than ever before. Production was great though!

Twin Atlantic - 9/10 - Band of the weekend for me, it's a shame they are going a break for a while as I've loved Great Divide. They seemed genuinely overwhelmed by the size of the crowd for this.

The Wombats - 7/10 - Great set but I'd never been to the Festival Republic stage when it's been busy before so never realised how much of an impact having no screens has, especially when the stage is so low down. Still really enjoyed their set though.

Sunday:

Moose Blood - 7/10 - Had never heard of them before and they had a good sound to them, one of the bands I'm taking away from the festival to listen to more of.

Turbowolf - 8/10 - Great lead in Chris Georgiadis who is probably the politest front man I've ever seen live! Played everything I wanted to hear and really got the crowd going!

The Maccabees - 8/10 - Was really enjoying this set but had to leave just after Latchmere to catch Jamie XX - loving their new album!

Jamie XX - 7/10 - No crowd interaction but sometimes that's a good thing - really enjoyed the extended intros to the album tracks. Was half expecting this to be ruined by the twats with the chant from the dance tent all weekend but it only started once and ended quite quickly.

Kendrick Lamar - 7/10 - I had no expectation for this whatsoever (just not my thing) but I was pleasantly surprised, got the crowd pumped and the band behind him were decent musicians. I just don't feel that this genre has a place at Reading (personal preference).

The Libertines - 9/10 - Highest of expectations met - really felt as if they have their chemistry back and fully deserved the headline slot. New music sounds great and they all acted as if they knew how much this set could impact how they'll do with their next album

Overall, one of the best Reading's I've had - largely thanks to recommendations on music from the people I was with but also to the majority of artists that I did see surpassing any expectations that I had prior to the festival. I'm not decided on 2016, might change it to another European festival but the line-up will be the deciding factor here.

Yep, tomorrow. Signup on the website before midnight. 

Ah, should I receive a pass code of some sort? I've signed in to log out point.

Go Donny Dome man, better venue I think than Ally Pally hich has an awful entrance into the main arena.

PVRIS - 8/10 - An act that have been given the completely wrong slot in my opinion, with the amount of hype around and the push they've had from the BBC continuously playing their hits on the radio and giving them loads of publicity online they needed a much bigger venue than The Pit. For the 6 songs that they did play they were great but could've been even better on the NME earlier on in the day!

Royal Blood - 5/10 - Massively disappointed with their arrogance, fifth time I've seen them and they've always been better than the last. They've worked incredibly hard to get to this point and smashed their performance at Brixton but here they just seemed too cocky for a (so far) one album wonder. Will have to see if they can improve at the Foo Fighter's gigs this weekend.

This kind of helps with not being able to see PVRIS. It was always going to happen for Royal Blood unfortunately, they've met and got praise from Led Zeppelin members. Most likely all gone to their heads.

Tomorrow at 9am and there is a O2 pre sale for two of the venues (Donny is one of them) but I think you can get in it if you pre order the album. I'm going to go for Donny Dome as even though I'll be at Uni of Manchester then and getting back isn't possible that late, I can just go back to my house and return the next day. I just hope I don't have to be anyway early on the Friday :lol:

im going to lancaster so im just up the road from you but i can get a return train fare for 13 quid to edinburgh so im tempted to go the corn exchange instead xD

You don't "have" to be anywhere at Manchester, I had 13% attendance in 2nd year and nothing was said

I was unfortunate enough to hit the red button while Bastille are being shown and after 10 seconds of watching a balding middle-aged guitarist mouthing along to some shit ballad while pulling a face that looked like he was being repeatedly entered with a string of anal beads (but that each time was a complete surprise to him) I couldn't take any more rock and roll. There ended my Reading 2015 experience.

Still hopefully I'll get back next year.

Edited by mrtourette

Ah, should I receive a pass code of some sort? I've signed in to log out point.

Go Donny Dome man, better venue I think than Ally Pally hich has an awful entrance into the main arena.

This kind of helps with not being able to see PVRIS. It was always going to happen for Royal Blood unfortunately, they've met and got praise from Led Zeppelin members. Most likely all gone to their heads.

If you're signed up you'll probably have an email 

Has anybody ever seen the guy from Silent Bob, and the Royal Blood drummer in the same room. I thought aside from those similarities, I thought they were pretty good.

I thought that the bunch of people they got on stage for Metallica were very odd. Had any of them ever been to a concert before?, were they just randomly kidnapped from Tesco's?. They were seemingly a lot of (chubby?) middle aged women and some other weirdos, and a bunch of them didn't do anything except stand there. It didn't convey the average fan very well.

Who were the band that were stood outside the Lock up meeting fans on Sunday?.

Limp bizkit were great, except the random 'dance tracks' in between songs. That was like painfully watching your dad dancing at some family wedding.

Frank Carter really needs to end his set with Orchestra of Wolves. Fuck what the rest of Gallows think, they're shit now anyway.

Closing orange gate was a dick move. Evidently it was flooded. If only they had a suitable pump and a truck...... arseholes.

Has anybody ever seen the guy from Silent Bob, and the Royal Blood drummer in the same room. I thought aside from those similarities, I thought they were pretty good.

I thought that the bunch of people they got on stage for Metallica were very odd. Had any of them ever been to a concert before?, were they just randomly kidnapped from Tesco's?. They were seemingly a lot of (chubby?) middle aged women and some other weirdos, and a bunch of them didn't do anything except stand there. It didn't convey the average fan very well.

Who were the band that were stood outside the Lock up meeting fans on Sunday?.

Limp bizkit were great, except the random 'dance tracks' in between songs. That was like painfully watching your dad dancing at some family wedding.

Frank Carter really needs to end his set with Orchestra of Wolves. Fuck what the rest of Gallows think, they're shit now anyway.

Closing orange gate was a dick move. Evidently it was flooded. If only they had a suitable pump and a truck...... arseholes.

Gallows shit now? Have you heard the latest Gallows album? Or those before?

Gallows are great with Wade, not the same as Frank admittedly but still good stuff.

I agree he should play a Gallows track or two though.