Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

It's nice to see all the love for Limp Bizkit. There was a lot of people on here having a good laugh at them when they were announced, but I dare anyone who was in that tent seeing them to honestly say that they weren't blown away by their performance. Hands down the best set in the six years I've been going to Leeds. 11/10.

I fucking hate Limp Bizkit, I thoroughly enjoyed the set though. Have they always been that good to see live or did they just have a good day?

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

I fucking hate Limp Bizkit, I thoroughly enjoyed the set though. Have they always been that good to see live or did they just have a good day?

I've seen them 4 or 5 times over the years and they've always been great.

No idea why they get such bad press.

Maybe its the Nu-Metal tag, the genre got on a lot of peoples nerves and they were more or less the face of Nu-Metal.

They were absolutely massive and they do just play the hits. And they were actual hits - Rollin was the number 1 single at one point. I'd have thought it was definitely the nu-metal tag, and people's tastes evolving. Limp Bizkit are that throwback to younger tastes. When I was 15 they were my introduction to heavier music, and I knew every word of that set, but it would be odd for me just to casually throw them on to listen to.

It's nice to see all the love for Limp Bizkit. There was a lot of people on here having a good laugh at them when they were announced, but I dare anyone who was in that tent seeing them to honestly say that they weren't blown away by their performance. Hands down the best set in the six years I've been going to Leeds. 11/10.

Their set was ace. Played everything I wanted and dropped the few I didn't like (still played hotdog which I'm not a fan of but you can't have everthing). They're just the sort of band that is perfect for a  festival.

Couldn't agree more, feels weird being blown away by Limp Bizkit but they really were great fun. Anyone know if a tour from them is likely soon? I know they've had an album in development forever and would be so up for seeing them again. 

- tent for Lock-up/pit Is now too small.Either the tent is shrinking, the bands are getting better or simply more Punk/Rock/metal fans turned up this year but nearly every band packed the place out.At least a dozen bands had people outside who couldn't get in and it was ten deep outside the tent for Frank Carter.

The tent's definitely the same size. I think it was probably more that the booking of Metallica attracted more metal fans.

I had no problem wandering in and out of the tent for Menzingers, Smith Street Band, Single Mothers, and Refused. I think it's pretty much the right size most of the time.

They were one of the bands of the weekend for me but the set wasn't as good as Soni last year. That was mental. Did anyone else have issues with the sound in NME at Leeds? I fought in past the pillars on the left and got so annoyed with the poor volume and quality that I went outside and fought to roughly the same place on the right. It was no better so I watched most of LB outside by the screen. The sound was fine there. 

I've had a fantastic weekend. I'll write more tomorrow as I'm not long back and shattered but Seether and Ghost were my highlights. Knife party was pump. Most disappointing but they had pretty lights.

Why are the British chanting "whoop there it is" at festivals? What a bum out, #rapistwit #daterape #c**ts #WhatDoYouMean #stop #notcool

— Wes Borland (@wesborland)

August 29, 2015
I'm slowly starting to respect Limp Bizkit more and more. All those years of hate were totally unjustified

They were one of the bands of the weekend for me but the set wasn't as good as Soni last year. That was mental. Did anyone else have issues with the sound in NME at Leeds? I fought in past the pillars on the left and got so annoyed with the poor volume and quality that I went outside and fought to roughly the same place on the right. It was no better so I watched most of LB outside by the screen. The sound was fine there. 

I've had a fantastic weekend. I'll write more tomorrow as I'm not long back and shattered but Seether and Ghost were my highlights. Knife party was pump. Most disappointing but they had pretty lights.

I had major problem with the sound for Run The Jewels, it was so quiet it was hard to get into

Edited by jonodillieono

Probably my best Leeds yet but then again I have only been to 3 but I had a great time and the weather was really good! Lots of great performances too. Anyway I run down from me but bear in mind that I don't hand out 10s, only have 3 of them really

Thursday

The Bohicas - 7/10 Decent band and a good performance but I was drunk when I saw them

Pulled Apart By Horses - 8/10 Really glad they played this year after pulling out last year and a good start to the festival. I managed to start two circle pits (well I think I did, was still quite drunk) as well so there is that

Friday

Feed The Rhino - 6/10 Alright, not the best band I saw but it kept me amused but they don't transition well to the main stage. Much better in a small sweaty room/tent

Lonely The Brave - 7/10 Really good in parts and dragged a bit in others, not much else to say.

Against Me! - 5/10 Probably my least favourite act of the weekend and I wasn't really paying attention for most of time but it was good to have it in the background

Gaslight Anthem - 8/10 Really enjoyed this one but I do wish Brain wouldn't drag out the words and it did feel like a few songs were played a bit slower

The Cribs - 7/10 Was a bit bored during the newer songs but the later stuff was really good. Be Safe was mint as always

Frank Carter + The Rattlesnakes - 7/10 If you were in the pits I can imagine that it was amazing but it feels lost if you're just watching it but still enjoyed it and Frank Carter does a great job. Need to listen to their album and see their own headline show

Jamie xx - 6/10 I had no idea that I was watching him to be honest as he wasn't playing stuff from his album (or what I saw, left early to see Jamie T).

Jamie T - 7/10 Only know like 5 songs but it was still really entertaining

Kendrick Lamar - 9/10 Everyone was loving it and it had a great atmosphere. I don't know what else to say about it, just a good time

The Libertines - 9/10 Only caught the first 35 mins before I left and I really enjoyed it, had a great sing along and dance but I heard that after I left it did get worse

Refused - 9.5/10 Absolutely smashed it! Loved every

Saturday

Neck Deep 7/10 - Just good fun really but it would have worked so much better in the tent

Drenge 6/10 -  Seen them better and I've seen them worse. Thought it was just alright really

American Football - 9.5/10 Best band of the weekend for me, absolutely loved it and I thought it was incredible from beginning to end. Not much else to say about it really.

The Smith Street Band - 8/10 Was a the barrier and it was a great sing a long. I nearly bust my voice during Don't Fuck With Our Dreams :lol:

The Menzingers - 7/10 These guys a band that I should really like but I have never gotten round to listening to them properly yet but after seeing them this weekend I think I should fix that

Bo Ningen - 7/10 I remembered about hearing these guys from eFestivals so I decided to check them out as I couldn't be bothered to go to my tent to just go straight away and I had no idea what I saw but all I know is that I enjoyed it :P

Run The Jewels - 8/10 Was really looking forward to them and they delivered with a great performance. Would love to see them at their own headline show

Limp Bizkit - 9/10 Was just great fun, did take themselves too seriously. Not a big fan of Bizkit anymore but I would consider seeing them at their own show now

New Found Glory - 7/10 I have no idea why I saw them really, heard that Mumford were better and while I do prefer NFG I do wish I saw Mumford. Still a fun set mind you and My Friends Over You was great

Sunday

Baby Metal - 7/10 Just some fun really, nothing too serious and was a good way to start the morning

FIDLAR - 8/10 Had a lot of energy, was a great sing along and the new stuff is just good as the first album live. Really tempted to see them now but Every Time I Die are also playing in Manchester on the same day so I still have to give it some thought

Foals - 9/10 Glad they came to Leeds after not being able to get tickets but I do wish that they played for longer in the end. Hope this means that secret sets now appear at both sites

Slaves - 7/10 Had a lot of energy but I was worn out from FIDLAR and Foals to appreciate it fully. Was glad that they played White Knuckle Ride though

Royal Blood - 8/10 They seemed to be made for the main stage, it just seemed like it was nothing to them whatsoever. It was just really good and a solid performance from them.

Bring Me The Horizon - 9/10 I honestly wasn't expecting much from them as I wasn't in the front this year as I wasn't feeling great but they smashed it! The new stuff works really well live, it is better actually better live :lol:

Metallica - 9/10 First few songs were great but it dropped in the middle then the 2nd half was fantastic! Was a great way to end the festival for me. If it was just the 2nd half I'd have given it a 10 easily.

The only band I missed was ASIWYFA and that was because I wasn't feeling great at all and I just had to back to my tent but I saw them at 2000trees so I'm not bothered really.

I'm probably just being naive but what does that chant have to do with date rape?

I'm as naive as you, no idea what he's on about.

I've actually met Wes Borland briefly and he seems a top bloke, nothing like his image on stage.However, some of his tweets and comments in interviews are a bit strange.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Seen Limp Bizkit at the Academy up here, and it's probably the only time I've been to an Academy gig where the atmosphere was absolutely amped, and it was a fantastic gig. Great to see them pretty much universally praised here. Fairly sure I said on here a good while ago that they'd be perfect as a tent headliner at Reading as well.

Whats weird about all the bizkit comments and love on how great the crowd where during it. I was in Brixton for Offspring on Wednesday and Bizkit where playing the next day.

To cut a long story short one of the most vile looking human beings I've ever met (Whilst waiting for the cloak room que to die down) wouldn't shut up about how great the crowd would be the following evening for Bizkit and that myself and my brother should make a return tomorow for their show. He hated on everything musically otherwise, claiming Offspring where to professional and that 'Why Don't You get a job' was 'commercial crap' also he hated Durst and Co and said what is there to like about Bizkit but then said about how the crowd blows everything else away everytime he's seen them... By the sounds of it he was spot on about the crowd.

Edited by seanz25

Setlists.com has it as pretty similar, I was at the Reading show and for me it was easily in the top three of the weekend.

When I saw it they played two more at Leeds? It's been updated since I last saw. Leeds Sunday is definitely the day I'd have liked to be at, the others not such a grumble, only really Simple Plan and NFG but a fair way to sit through all the rubbish.