• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Yeah they did, they sold out the O2 arena in 2012..... Or at least I'm pretty sure they did :/

Yeah they did NYE there as a one-off I think. So at the time they subbed, they'd done the same as Alt-J have now :). These kind of borderline arena acts sub all the time - Black Keys had only just announced an arena tour in 2012 I think? Had QotSA even done one before 2010? Pretty sure Bloc Party never played arenas either.

Yeah they did NYE there as a one-off I think. So at the time they subbed, they'd done the same as Alt-J have now :). These kind of borderline arena acts sub all the time - Black Keys had only just announced an arena tour in 2012 I think? Had QotSA even done one before 2010? Pretty sure Bloc Party never played arenas either.

Just seems mad and so so wrong having Alt-J above Bastille.

What do people think about While She Sleeps for main-stage again? Got a new album coming out in a couple of months and the two tracks released so far have been class.

Edit: also what about The Qemists, got a new album out this year, and have just finished supporting Korn (For the Dance tent)

Edited by KingPin

Ah fair enough about that being a Kasabian gig, that'll teach me to just base my statements on gigs mentioned on set list.fm :P.

And KingPin, you're definitely not going to get a lot of support for that Alt-J / Bastille point of view around these parts. Alt-J are not the strongest booking as a sub, no (assuming they do), but they're a damn sight better option than bloody Bastille.

Ah fair enough about that being a Kasabian gig, that'll teach me to just base my statements on gigs mentioned on set list.fm :P.

And KingPin, you're definitely not going to get a lot of support for that Alt-J / Bastille point of view around these parts. Alt-J are not the strongest booking as a sub, no (assuming they do), but they're a damn sight better option than bloody Bastille.

Hey I don't like either, but I'd put Bastille as the bigger band, I mean Alt-J's second album hasn't even gone gold yet FFS, I fail to see how they're big enough to sub, let alone be 3rd down. Likewise it was ridiculous that they were headlining the NME in 2013