Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

Whilst I agree that there is no quantifiable definition of heaviness, surely no-one can dispute that Saturday has a lot more acts that appeal to fans of heavy music than Sunday.

You're right that it can't be proven, but I think it is generally accepted.

Therefore, you can have a 'heavy day'

Of course one headliner/stage/day will be heavier, by the virtue that not all acts are exactly as heavy as each other. That's what makes claiming a 'heavy day' as a thing so fucking stupid.

The point isn't that there isn't a day that is heavier than the other two (like I said, of course there is, although it's open to personal interpretation), but that there isn't a pre-determined 'heavy day' like 'metal Sunday' at Reading that so many people think did/does exist.

Edited by mrtourette

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

It's disgusting that we fork out £220 for a fucking woeful excuse for a festival (admittedly with some great bands) and they still haven't had the decency to release all the set times the morning that most people are leaving to go. Oh, and yeah it is a thing, they have indeed removed Orange gate at Reading.

What do you expect? It's a major commercial festival struggling to maximise income in the face of free online information. Of course they're going to try and persuade you to buy a lanyard or download the app. Be grateful you get them at all, not like T and V.

I think it's more the fact that seasoned stadium sized bands get longer headline sets at festivals in general, not just Reading and Leeds.

And look the Metallica day this year, the Blink 182 day last year, the Green Day day the year before that. There's definitely a pattern.

It's not a pattern, it's inevitable. Of course there will naturally be a 'heavier day', but 'the heavy day' is not a thing, and neither is 'two hours to the biggest headliner'.

Edited by mrtourette

It's disgusting that we fork out £220 for a fucking woeful excuse for a festival (admittedly with some great bands) and they still haven't had the decency to release all the set times the morning that most people are leaving to go. Oh, and yeah it is a thing, they have indeed removed Orange gate at Reading.

Seriously? I'm not going this year but in previous years me and my friends have used Orange gate loads to pop out to the Tesco/food stalls on the road. Why would they remove that gate? Guess that puts an end to grabbing crates of booze from the Tesco then? 

The Foals TBA is down as 13:35-14:05 btw. There is one TBA for Introducing on each day but it says "NOT PLAYING" where the times should be so yeah not much help.

Ah. Half hour. Fail. May not be foals then. And they'll clash with marmozets, so that's me out.

Glad i picked up cardiff tickets for their tour now.

Are you allowed to upload a pic of the schedule (or just FR, Lock Up, NME) Zac please?

https://twitter.com/mrshudsonshair/status/636560852171247616 https://twitter.com/mrshudsonshair/status/636561411796299778 <- second half

Camera quality isn't great so happy to take requests if people find that too much to digest.

Edited by Zac Quinn