• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

The NME headliners this year have really favour the concept of three nights of closing sets. Rebel Sound and Deadmau5 (Less so) seem poor headliners for the stage imo, although I consider the undercard to actually be quite good. And both those acts would better suit a later set, so putting them both on as closing sets would give R&L greater scope to book indie/rock bands (Tame Impala/Weezer/Interpol/TDCC) and appeal to more of a mix crowd. Because lets face it you need Rebel Sound type acts to sell tickets to young people (In the most part) these days, but too many of these bands in top slots will turn away alot of the festivals traditional fan base (This thread).

Oooh, just seen the day split... with While She Sleeps, Cancer Bats, Bury Tomorrow and We Are The Ocean confirmed for Sunday, that's enough for me to do the whole weekend rather than just the Friday and Saturday. I'm not a huge fan of any of them, but they're okay and ought to be enough to keep me entertained even if nobody else I like gets added.

Got a choice between Refused and Frank Turner for my headliner as the day, and Lonely The Brave early on the main stage, so now that a good chunk of the afternoon inbetween is filled up I can go ahead and buy my ticket. :DB)

Edited by Hart Attack

Most of us on here accept that, and we don't even go to the festival, we just hang around here for no good reason talking about those acts.

I think a good majority of posters do actually go/want to go. And the others who don't are still interested because it can pull something interesting out of the bag like The Cure, NIN, SOAD, QOTSA bump up, Refused etc.

But also because we're all losers.

I think a good majority of posters do actually go/want to go. And the others who don't are still interested because it can pull something interesting out of the bag like The Cure, NIN, SOAD, QOTSA bump up, Refused etc.

But also because we're all losers.

I thought a lot of people stayed on here for #banter

Also after the day splits I'm still not interested in the Mumford day. Only one act to get excited about (American Football) and a few acts I like but not fussed about. I thought Lock Up could be better (still got The Menzingers though) but there are only 4 bands for that day so far so it could get better.

Edited by justanothername

DGrant mate you gotta let it go. The festival doesn't book the acts it used to because the people who go to the festival don't want to see those acts. Most of us on here accept that, and we don't even go to the festival, we just hang around here for no good reason talking about those acts.

Fair enough mate, I just can't come to terms with the fact I was born 5 years too late :( You guys who got to go to R&L back in the noughties really don't realise how lucky you had it, (I have dozens of mates who would agree with that opinon)

Watching all these great line ups get announced as a young kid and then getting this when you get to the right age to go is just depressing and for that reason I'll probs never be able to let it go.

Fair enough mate, I just can't come to terms with the fact I was born 5 years too late :( You guys who got to go to R&L back in the noughties really don't realise how lucky you had it, (I have dozens of mates who would agree with that opinon)

Watching all these great line ups get announced as a young kid and then getting this when you get to the right age to go is just depressing and for that reason I'll probs never be able to let it go.

You'll probably be surprised by how young most people in here are :P

I'm 19 and the only Leeds festivals I've been to are 2011 (for two days), 2012 and 2013. They each had a few great bookings but on the whole were pretty naff. I'd love to have been able to go in 2008, etc. Glad I've decided that Leeds festival is behind me now and it's other festivals whose announcements excite me more, now.

There's no chance anyone's gonna be added between Ash and The Wombats...which sucks balls for me, I was so pleased with the unexpected opportunity to finally see Ash and then they go and clash them with Metallica.

0 of the previously 'any day' acts that I like have ended up on the Friday. It's a wasteland for me. Gutted :(

You'll probably be surprised by how young most people in here are :P

I'm 19 and the only Leeds festivals I've been to are 2011 (for two days), 2012 and 2013. They each had a few great bookings but on the whole were pretty naff. I'd love to have been able to go in 2008, etc. Glad I've decided that Leeds festival is behind me now and it's other festivals whose announcements excite me more, now.

That is the interesting thing about these forums :) Got it lucky with some of the bookings in 2012 'ey. Interesting point actually, as long as these top bands keep playing gigs/European festivals when I'm no longer living off just a weekly paper round salary I'll be able to tick quite a few of the lists regardless of R&L (Hopefully)

There's no chance anyone's gonna be added between Ash and The Wombats...which sucks balls for me, I was so pleased with the unexpected opportunity to finally see Ash and then they go and clash them with Metallica.

0 of the previously 'any day' acts that I like have ended up on the Friday. It's a wasteland for me. Gutted :(

Yeah surprised me that one, presumed Catfish/Ash would also have a bit of crossover following