• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

my guess with Tyler and Kendrick not clashing is the times will go something like, can't see anyone getting added above Tyler

Libs 9.30-11.00

Kendrick 7.45-8.45

Deadmau5 10.00-11.00

Tyler 8.45-9.30

I thought as Tyler doesn't have a logo he wouldn't be subbing because previous years there has been a logo?

hopefully FR finishes early so I can catch a bit of Frank

but I'll probs choose Libs over Refused only because I've seen Refused but never seen Libs

just wish they'd swap Refused and New Found Glory's around though- the clashes are so bad this year

The amount of people slaying RandL for a lack of female artists is ridiculous.

1: less than half the lineup has been announced. There's around 250 acts that play the festival each year, less than a hundred have been announced.

2: The bookers haven't deleberately gone out of their way to not book female artists, yes there are many female artists out there- but many aren't relevant to the festival. It just reflects the industry tbh, RandL should not have to take the brunt of the assault. 1xtra stage has Azelia, one of the biggest female personalities in hip hop. The NME has Wolf Alice, one of the best female fronted indie/ grunge bands coming through. They're both relevant, hence why they were booked. There still plenty of room on the nil for additions. I expect to see Kate Tempest on the alternative stage again, I saw her at bbc 6, im not a massive fan tbh.

Personally, I'd love Halestorm/ London Grammar / HAIM to play but only Halestorm seem available. Lorde, I would love her to sub Mumford but I can't see it happening. St. Vincent would be good but are they relevant?

Also, the female lineup poster that has been made. Has it counted female Guitarists/ Drummers/ bassists etc? Or just singers?

Sorry if these points have been brushed on previously, I've just got back home now- been on a coach all day with no 3G.

Edited by A_Hawky

Can't wait to see BMTH play that slot. Hopefully they absolutely nail it.

When does it start to get dark in August. Gunna be epic as I remember watching Elbow as dusk set in & by the time One Day Like This was played it was dark but I get confused with that set & their one at Glastonbury subbing the same year.

Are days confirmed other than NME & mainstage? Website is showing Django Django, Wombats, Frank Turner at Reading and Django Django, Frank Turner, Wombats at Leeds. Just seemed strange that the rest have been copied over in excatly the same order. And I'm clutching at straws at the Frank & Libs clash.

When does it start to get dark in August. Gunna be epic as I remember watching Elbow as dusk set in & by the time One Day Like This was played it was dark but I get confused with that set & their one at Glastonbury subbing the same year.

I seem to remember watching Chase & Status in the dark in 2013 but it may have just been me blacking out because of broken ribs...

Gets darker earlier in Reading doesn't it? I'm sure it was dark by the end of NIN at Leeds in 2013, but I can't remember if it was dark at the end of SOAD/C&S. Was definitely dark when I was walking back to the campsite in between SOAD and Green Day though because I got legged up by every other bloody guy rope.

Gets darker earlier in Reading doesn't it? I'm sure it was dark by the end of NIN at Leeds in 2013, but I can't remember if it was dark at the end of SOAD/C&S. Was definitely dark when I was walking back to the campsite in between SOAD and Green Day though because I got legged up by every other bloody guy rope.

Its dark by the end of subs at Leeds, Chase and Status I remember well but also when we were walking out of Bombay Bicycle club it was dark