Newbie with caravan

Guest juliadevitt

Our first time to EOTR and wondering what the campervan site is like?

I see that they are moving it this year but generally is it pretty good?

I read somewhere that the pitches are pegged out, so I am assuming that we get quite a bit of room.

I have been to some festivals where you are just rammed in together.

Do you think we could get out with the car during the festival if we needed/wanted to?

Also Is there any benefit in arriving at the gates open?

Any general comments about the atmosphere most welcome too. It looks just great.

Thanks

Last year the pitches were not marked but there were staff to guide people into rows. I was the first campervan in last year, ufortunately they had not put up all the lights with generators by then and they happened to put one next to me so I moved the following day due to the noise. You could easily get out in the car. As you have noticed the camapervan field is in a new field this year next to the regular camping this is slightly nearer to the arena than the old field

• 2 weeks later...

Let's hope they've cut the grass this year. Last year mine was one of several motorhomes to get bogged down on the way in. Apart from anything else, there hasn't been that much rain this year so I'd imagine it's a fire risk.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the campervan field. We had a great spot but I was a bit frustrated when we arrived as the stewards seemed to be struggling to decide where to put people.

We ended up pretty much just choosing our own pitch.

In a caravan, the slope isn't an issue but it must have been difficult for some of the campervans.

It did seem that they were offering campervans the flatter spots around the edge though.

So am I correct in thinking that this field was nearer than last year's campervan field to the main arena area?

• 5 months later...

its the big stubble field next to the rocky road, before you turn the corner to family camping.

sort of logical if last year wasnt flat, but a bit annoying - used to like the 'country walk' back to the car park with partridges, corn stubble and nice views and now it will be just another festie corridor.

looks like its happened because boutique camping is now massive. whats that about?