Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I think they could definitely pull it off, the new songs already sound incredible and they already have more obvious festival anthems from their earlier stuff. Their gigs have always been up there with my favorites and if they headlined the Saturday night, it would certainly make my birthday for me.

If I wanted to see them at any festival next year it would only be Glastonbury or Bestival.

An Arcade Fire headline show at Glastonbury would have the potential to go down as one of the all time greats, especially considering the awesomeness of the new material. They HAVE to play - I have a bad feeling that if they don't headline in the next couple of years, they never will, which would be a travesty

I think people would be surprised by the crowd. Regardless of the stature of the act, Pyramid headliners get a decent crowd anyway.

I stand by my opinion that if they don't do it in '14 or '15, they never will.

True but tbh I'd rather a smaller than usual crowd on the Pyramid totally into it than people asking "Who the fuck is Arcade Fire?" through out :P

Would it still be like that? Genuine question.

Anyone that knows a little bit about music will have heard a lot about Arcade Fire by now, won't they?

haha I'd bet on a few but no where near as many when they headlined Reading....I'd like to see someone near me (if they were to play of course) so I could wear my Arcade Fire t-shirt with it on :P

But I know one or two people who asked me when they started the Reflecktor marketing...I was like really?!?!

Edited by LondonTom

• 3 weeks later...

The video is taken from Black Orpheus, a 1959 film which takes the Greek legend of Orpheus and Eurydice, and sets it in Rio during Carnival. The odd mix of those 2 things influenced the new album thematically.

The lyrics and sadness of it remind me of the last night of a festival, when the final hours are dwindling away and you know the good times can't last.

Has anyone been reading the reviews of the album so far? It's patchy to say the least, some absolutely praising it whilst others, like drowned in sound have slammed it. It could be their Kid A moment.

I think that's the sole purpose of Drowned in Sound. Haven't read any reviews yet but the Kid A comparison could be spot on. Fingers crossed they start streaming the album tonight.

Has anyone been reading the reviews of the album so far? It's patchy to say the least, some absolutely praising it whilst others, like drowned in sound have slammed it. It could be their Kid A moment.

Every reviews so far is based on one listen and one listen only as that was all the Label would allow, so I wouldn't take any of them too seriously.

do long albums ever work? i can't think of one that has. the worse are the 2 cd albums.

or the pinnacle of shit long albums - Oasis be here now.

i'm sad i have nowhere near the excitement of this release compared to the suburbs.

How long is this album? Some of my favorite albums are around 70mins long but can't really accept anything much longer (with the exception of 69love songs) I thought Subburbs was kind of meh... but same with Neon Bible... I'm not excited for this album as a result of that mainly (and the fact I think Reflektor is kind of dull as well)

do long albums ever work? i can't think of one that has. the worse are the 2 cd albums.

or the pinnacle of shit long albums - Oasis be here now.

i'm sad i have nowhere near the excitement of this release compared to the suburbs.

Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness? The recent M83 record is a pretty decent attempt also.

I thought Subburbs was kind of meh... but same with Neon Bible... I'm not excited for this album as a result of that mainly (and the fact I think Reflektor is kind of dull as well)

Correct me if I am wrong, but would that mean your just not really a fan of Arcade Fire then? :P

BTW some of you need to get longer attention spans! :P

Edited by LondonTom