Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

On holiday in France so getting to listen to it was a challenge on hotel wifi but glad I managed it. What a song. What a beautiful body swerve compared to previous sound. I loved the last album so was hugely optimistic for the new one but am now even more so. They could (should?) headline the Big G, NQAT

It might be a double album with considering the lead single is 7 minutes long then it might not mean that theres a load of shorter songs with filler but a few longer ones. I think biffys album was great but agree a few songs could be cut, but everyone seems to disagree which ones.

Either way I have faith in AF to put out a fantastic album, loving reflektor now after a couple of listens.

This is apparently correct. Seven songs on each side featuring several long 7+ minute songs.

If they don't play next year they're guaranteed to be the new every single gap in the schedule secret set rumour.

Edited by dentalplan

I enjoyed their Other Stage performance in 2007. Nothing Earth-shattering however. I can sometimes detect an element of detachedness from their live show. Had they been a little more focussed (or confident?) that show couldve been one for the ages. Crowd was biblical.

I'm not sure whether I'd go to one of their gigs again having seen them twice and neither quite living up to my expectations. I think they were probably better in a smaller venue and I came to them too late.

Paradoxically I'd love to see them on the Pyramid though.

did you see them at that hyde park gig? it was terrible

Yes it was the Hyde Park gig. And you're right, Hyde Park gigs are generally not up to much but I enjoyed Pulp, Stones and Blur a lot more there. Having said that, those last three were miles better at Glastonbury, which suggests to me that AF would be too.

That Hyde Park was right after Glasto 2011 too wasn't it? Think my brain was a bit broken due to that.

The other time I saw them was at the O2 and I was in the gods.

Arcade Fire would be perfect Pyramind headliners, but I think its a no go for next year. A few of them have got kids now and I was under the impression they will be going where the money is on their next tour, and that wouldn't be Glastonbury. This would enable them to do less shows and spend more time as a family rather than a band.

I would probably do the same, even though its Glastonbury. Arcade Fire aren't going to be a flash in the pan band, so would be good enough to headline anytime in the next few years i'm sure.

Arcade Fire would be perfect Pyramind headliners, but I think its a no go for next year. A few of them have got kids now and I was under the impression they will be going where the money is on their next tour, and that wouldn't be Glastonbury. This would enable them to do less shows and spend more time as a family rather than a band.

I would probably do the same, even though its Glastonbury. Arcade Fire aren't going to be a flash in the pan band, so would be good enough to headline anytime in the next few years i'm sure.

I don't think Arcade Fire care so much about the money compared to other acts even if they do now have children doubt its going to change things money wise a huge amount. They donated a lot of their Reading fee to a charity in Haiti. I do think they will tour a lot less as with this album due to having a family so they will probably just play the places they really like playing, which they have said mixed comments about the festival

• 3 weeks later...

IMO they're the best live act around and the new material is outstanding. They may not get the biggest crowd ever but the people who are there will have one of the best live experiences of their lives. Make it happen.