Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

None of these links are working for me :( .

Here you go. That's working right now. If it goes I suggest just go to twitter.com/search and search 'reflektor'. They keep popping up.

Never been fussed about Arcade Fire but that new track is huge! Could they pull off a headline slot? Been away for a few years and don't have that massive crossover appeal bands like arctic monkeys do.

Absolutely.

Never been fussed about Arcade Fire but that new track is huge! Could they pull off a headline slot? Been away for a few years and don't have that massive crossover appeal bands like arctic monkeys do.

Watch the Reading and Coachella headline sets.....easily.

Never going have the biggest crowd turning up ever, but it would be spectacular and they are hardly offensive to those who park themselves at the Pyramid regardless of what's on for the headliners.

New single has me excited, I wasn't sure at first...as I wasn't expecting that...but its cool, different but very Arcade Fire still! :D

*Waits patiently for tour to be announced with massive Glastonbury shaped hole*

Not sure about this new track myself... Maybe it needs more listens... But so far it doesn't scratch any 'Arcade Fire' itch for me, sounds like a different band altogether to me.

Dont think you will be too happy with the new album material so...........well according to whats being talked about......

Apparently about the secret new material gig in Canada this is what was said.............."it was unexpectedly dance-oriented, due to the upbeat rhythms of conga drums and electronic flourishes alongside their most poppy sounds"

also the 'standout' song of the set was described as "Imagine the Talking Heads' 'Once in a Lifetime', but if David Bowie had written it while on vacation."

Dont think you will be too happy with the new album material so...........well according to whats being talked about......

Apparently about the secret new material gig in Canada this is what was said.............."it was unexpectedly dance-oriented, due to the upbeat rhythms of conga drums and electronic flourishes alongside their most poppy sounds"

also the 'standout' song of the set was described as "Imagine the Talking Heads' 'Once in a Lifetime', but if David Bowie had written it while on vacation."

good on them, by contrast see arctic monkeys putting out another album that is a clone of all their others

I think it's every artists/bands right to change musical direction, or to evolve. Just not sure I like this particular evolution. Really strong Murphy influence which just makes them sound very different to me. Will give the new album a cautious listen when it drops.

I think it's every artists/bands right to change musical direction, or to evolve. Just not sure I like this particular evolution. Really strong Murphy influence which just makes them sound very different to me. Will give the new album a cautious listen when it drops.

If they're getting in the percussionists and choirs that LCD did it will make for an amazing live show that's for sure. They've already achieved greatness so I don't see the need to try and recreate the album. At least this one won't be compared to Funeral so much if its changed up a bit.

good on them, by contrast see arctic monkeys putting out another album that is a clone of all their others

Not true. Edited by dentalplan

I for one can not wait for this album. It may be the silver lining to come out of the dark cloud that was "LCD no more". For Murphy to produce AF and for them to embrace it to me it very much music to my ears...........next AF gig I go to Im hoping to get my dance on!

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Amazing tune! It has been diminishing returns somewhat since Funeral, even though The Suburbs still has a fair few great songs.

This is one of those rare occasions I've heard a band change direction and they've made exactly what I wanted to hear! Plenty of examples of bands changing direction but even the good examples usually take a bit of getting used to. This is exactly the sort of thing I wanted when I heard they were working with James Murphy.

I for one can not wait for this album. It may be the silver lining to come out of the dark cloud that was "LCD no more". For Murphy to produce AF and for them to embrace it to me it very much music to my ears...........next AF gig I go to Im hoping to get my dance on!

Certainly got some LCD influence, just like the new Pulp song did last year - also produced by Murphy.