Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Feel bad for them - they struggle to pull ginormous crowds at festivals like Coachella/Glastonbury where they'll have more of a fanbase and better lineups below them, but their crowd here is gonna be woeful. 

There's only one other stage at IOW this year... its either Arcade Fire or an Example dj set

Is Example gonna pull a bigger crowd than Arcade Fire? Thatll be disgusting if it happens

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

There's only one other stage at IOW this year... its either Arcade Fire or an Example dj set

Is Example gonna pull a bigger crowd than Arcade Fire? Thatll be disgusting if it happens

Ah I didn't realise that was the ENTIRE lineup :lol: they may do okay then, although I doubt the whole thing has sold particularly well really.

Just now, jonodillieono said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he did, with it being IOW. I think they have small bars and stages stuff so maybe those will be mobbed.

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Who are Bomba Estereo?

Colombian band. Sorta electronic cumbia type stuff. They've got a song with Will Smith, you'll be pleased to know.

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What a peculiar pair of support acts :lol:

Myself I'd be fairly happy with AF, Catfish, The Kooks for old time sake....they won't have a long enough set to play too much shit and Texas. For me I'd get a clash free day there.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah I didn't realise that was the ENTIRE lineup :lol: they may do okay then, although I doubt the whole thing has sold particularly well really.

This has got to be possibly their last year?, dj sets on Bip Top!, Clean Bandit are about and they couldn't get them as the proper act!

It's very rare Belfast gets a high end, "cool" act like Arcade Fire, especially at Belsonic, so I was over the moon when they were announced and can't wait to see them perform on the park I played in as a kid!

The Kooks can fuck right off though. I knew Belsonic would dampen this unreal booking somehow.

Edited by Johnkhutch

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Colombian band. Sorta electronic cumbia type stuff. They've got a song with Will Smith, you'll be pleased to know.

Cheers!

Im hoping for something a damn site better than the Kooks in Manchester. 

Then again, no support & being forced to sit in silence would be better, so it wont be hard.

5 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

its example singing over a backing dj so instead of full versions of his songs its more chorusy and a couple of other songs in there. still would be horrendous if example pulls a big crowd

26 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

its example singing over a backing dj so instead of full versions of his songs its more chorusy and a couple of other songs in there. still would be horrendous if example pulls a big crowd

Yeah I've seen it before. It was just all standard big dance tracks. Think it was 2016 I seen them and they were still playing shit like Tsunami and Booyah. He finished with 4 or so of the big example songs one after the other at the end, the rest of the set was just chart dance music everyone knows

I'm expecting Arcade Fire to be at Glastonbury, but not to play. I imagine they'll want to watch their friends Radiohead, and Win Butler is a Joe Strummer disciple. Probaly a Win DJ set too, and if we're really lucky, a Phi Slamma Jamma set of covers somewhere...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

any news on Manchester support?

Latest update; I met a girl a few weeks ago who said she was volunteering for somethingorother to do with the MIF (didn't really get what her role was at all tbh, or what it was even to do with), I asked her what she knew, she said nothing. Every day I walk past a building where I think they're based, you know, the one on Parsonage with the MIF stuff outside, I give it a stern look hoping it will reveal its secrets. It hasn't thus far.