Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

• 4 months later...

For anyone who's a (nerdy) fan of Arcade Fire and also podcasts, I just peeped this podcast Arcade Fire Sings the Alphabet, where two fans/students discuss songs in alphabetical order week-by-week, inspired by the Springsteen one of the same name. It's only two episodes in so far, which is good because you can keep up to date with it quite easily if you get in on it now but if you just wanna listen to ones about your fave songs you might have to come back in a year or so.

They have a chuckle at the start about the Everything Now tracks so might have to skip those summaries as they're clearly not giving the album its due respect, but I suppose half of them will only be five mins long anyway.

If anyone still needs them, some more standing tickets have been released for their Wembley dates

https://tickets.axs.com/shop/#/GEN-2ddd-4ed0-89a1-e977376750cd/shop/search?lang=en&locale=en-US&preFill=1&eventid=339342&ec=WAL180411&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_wembley&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fuk%2Fevents%2F339342%2Farcade-fire-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

The eFestivals ticket link unfortunately doesn't have any but the AXS link above does

17 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

If anyone still needs them, some more standing tickets have been released for their Wembley dates

https://tickets.axs.com/shop/#/GEN-2ddd-4ed0-89a1-e977376750cd/shop/search?lang=en&locale=en-US&preFill=1&eventid=339342&ec=WAL180411&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_wembley&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fuk%2Fevents%2F339342%2Farcade-fire-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

The eFestivals ticket link unfortunately doesn't have any but the AXS link above does

Super-chuffed I bought a seat now!

TBF, I reckon the in the round stage will look pretty impressive from a bit higher up.

Edited by Homer

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone going to the Dublin gig?

Never been to the 3Arena before but it appears to be more of an ampitheatre kind of place with banked seating around one half of the arena and the stage against the opposite longer side?  

Had a quick search and saw that Muse did similar there -

muse-3arena-15.jpg

Which seems a bit of a strange layout for in-the-round gigs, given the asymmetry.

Edited by MoilyX

Quite nice this. Obviously massively triggering for anyone who was upset by the Everything Now co. pseudo-marketing scheme as this is very much the short film of that, but just comes across as a bit of daft fun really. Also gives strong evidence that Regine has never eaten cereal before.

EDIT: in other news, they played (Antichrist Television Blues) for the first time in a decade last night.

Edited by dentalplan

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Quite nice this. Obviously massively triggering for anyone who was upset by the Everything Now co. pseudo-marketing scheme as this is very much the short film of that, but just comes across as a bit of daft fun really. Also gives strong evidence that Regine has never eaten cereal before.

EDIT: in other news, they played (Antichrist Television Blues) for the first time in a decade last night.

Probably decent because they played arguably the two best songs on the album.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mind Arcade Fire? Whatever happened to them...?

Just shows you. One day you're big enough to headline Glastonbury, next day you're completely forgotten about.

People said they monkeyed around, but nobody’s listening now. (do-do-do-do-do-do)

Edited by dentalplan

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I enjoyed it, but it seems a bit late to be doing this doesn't it?  Everything Now seems like a lifetime ago, even though it was only last summer.  I suppose the band filmed it a while ago, but it seems a bit weird to be revisiting the album like this.  I was hoping for a new track or two, rather than a rehash of the album marketing.

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I enjoyed it, but it seems a bit late to be doing this doesn't it?  Everything Now seems like a lifetime ago, even though it was only last summer.  I suppose the band filmed it a while ago, but it seems a bit weird to be revisiting the album like this.  I was hoping for a new track or two, rather than a rehash of the album marketing.

Reckon it seems longer ago than it was because no one's listened to it since release day.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

yr resident Everything Now listener is still feeling sad about not being able to afford Wembley tickets and I may eventually cave but man that would be a financially irresponsible decision

they're all over twickets so will presumably be going for cheap soon 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

they're all over twickets so will presumably be going for cheap soon 

Apparently the tickets are covered in warnings that names and ID's will be checked on the door and all that so I ain't keen to risk it. Dumb as fuck policy that only benefits the ticket companies but there ya go.