Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

5 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Just the first part. 

Ah cheers. Think I prefer the second part but I'd certainly be more interested to see how the fast rendition comes off in a live show.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Damn, I've only been learning the lyrics to the second part.

:lol: I tell you what, it should be a pretty easy singalong on tour. You only have to have heard it once to know it inside out.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone (tevaburger?) posted a few pages back about them struggling to shift tickets for Madison Square Gardens.

kiddo said Ottawa was busy, so "struggling to shift tickets" doesn't really sound like it.

I guess it's either due to lots of shows because of the lower population densities and long punter-travels for few shows, &/or a lower popularity over there to here.

I think it's something like that. Canada I can imagine being busy every time for Arcade Fire but I hear a lot of the bigger alternative acts (tho not Radiohead 'big' I guess) get plenty of empty seats in the States cos fans are quite spread apart. Read that one of the stops on this tour was 1/3 attended which is horrendous - it's been blamed on the reception for this album but I think this tour got announced alongside the first single airing.

Anyway, dropped in to mention they've released European arena dates now directly after UK. Preservation Jazz Hall Band are supporting, which probably means they're supporting in the UK if they're flying them over for that but I dunno. Bad news for peeps who wanted Rat Boy I guess.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:25 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone (tevaburger?) posted a few pages back about them struggling to shift tickets for Madison Square Gardens.

yep.... not selling much tix on the US tour...here was the Washington Post on their gig there where they had to block off the whole upper concourse because they couldn't fill up tix there......album is at 190-something now on Billboard charts and I think it might have dropped off a week...I'm struggling to get into it, that's for sure..I couldn't make MSG on the night, but there were tix going for less than $10 week of, tons of them, obviously touts over-estimating market, plus emails going out announcing special two-fer discounts.. I haven't seen an official box office result but someone told me 16,000 which given that the stage is in middle for this tour means there were at least 3000-4000 empties... For Suburbs they sold out 2 MSGs fairly easily 

Was this the right arena?
Anyone who heard Arcade Fire’s “Wake Up” when it was released in 2004 knew the band was destined for arena stardom — the chorus begs to be sung by thousands of voices in union. But what happens when the market doesn’t agree? Hours before the doors opened on Saturday, tickets were priced in the single digits on the secondary market. By show time, the upper concourse was blocked off. The floor was fairly packed and there were still plenty of fans in the other levels, but it was hard not to notice the empty seats. It didn’t seem to hurt the band’s performance but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Arcade Fire scale down to smaller venue next time around.

On 9/21/2017 at 5:44 AM, eFestivals said:

kiddo said Ottawa was busy, so "struggling to shift tickets" doesn't really sound like it.

I guess it's either due to lots of shows because of the lower population densities and long punter-travels for few shows, &/or a lower popularity over there to here.

I'd reckon they'd be pretty big there...especially with all the proud Quebecois right across the river from Ottawa... so you'd expect a big crowd but if there were tix available the week before that's a sign of some struggle

11 hours ago, tevaburger said:

I'd reckon they'd be pretty big there...especially with all the proud Quebecois right across the river from Ottawa... so you'd expect a big crowd but if there were tix available the week before that's a sign of some struggle

I'm not sure "Quebecois right across the river from Ottawa" really applies for this.

Kiddo said the place they played was about an hour outside of Ottawa (tho that might be by public transport, not sure), even tho it was a facility/arena/stadium (I'm not sure what) named after Ottawa.

The only reason i know much about it was because i was surprised he was able to get tickets so close to the show, so asked him about it.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not sure "Quebecois right across the river from Ottawa" really applies for this.

Kiddo said the place they played was about an hour outside of Ottawa (tho that might be by public transport, not sure), even tho it was a facility/arena/stadium (I'm not sure what) named after Ottawa.

The only reason i know much about it was because i was surprised he was able to get tickets so close to the show, so asked him about it.

It's the main Ottawa arena, where the Ottawa Senators (Ice Hockey) play, been there many years ago, it's around 10 miles outside the city 

I saw them at the United Airlines arena in Chicago on the Reflektor tour (i didn't fly out there specially, I was on holiday and took the opportunity) and on entry we got sent somewhere to get our tickets re-assigned and it turned out they hadn't opened the upper tier (which we had tickets for) and were putting ticket holders into gaps in the lower tier, so it was far from sold out (though they did have two nights there).  So in short, them playing arenas but not selling them out isn't a a new thing.