Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Just bit the bullet and paid £65 for a seat at Wembley. Set listlooks good, it's a Friday night and the rig will probably actually look pretty cool from a bit of a distance/higher up = sod it.

You've made the right choice. You only regret the gigs you don't go to! 

How is everyone feeling EN is stacking up against their older albums now it has had a good few weeks to bed down away from all the strange marketing campaign. Personally I think it still stacks up pretty well, Peter Pan which was the one I initially hated is now bearable. I'm still #teamchemistry as well, would be a shame if that doesn't make it back to the setlist. 

First impressions haven't changed much, love most of it and the Put Your Money on Me + We Don't Deserve Love climax is perfect. 

Quite liked Peter Pan at first and it's grown more since hearing Win talk about it (the lyrics seem less cloying in context, I guess), so it's only Chemistry that brings it down for me (still dislike it quite a lot, but less vehemently so). 

Edited by bocumaroy

2 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

First impressions haven't changed much, love most of it and the Put Your Money on Me + We Don't Deserve Love climax is perfect. 

Quite liked Peter Pan at first and it's grown more since hearing Win talk about it (the lyrics seem less cloying in context, I guess), so it's only Chemistry that brings it down for me (still dislike it quite a lot, but less vehemently so). 

I think Good God Damn is the song which grown the most on me since I first heard the album. It faded into the background at first, but it's definitely my favourite Win moment on there now. 

7 hours ago, reflekting said:

How is everyone feeling EN is stacking up against their older albums now it has had a good few weeks to bed down away from all the strange marketing campaign. Personally I think it still stacks up pretty well, Peter Pan which was the one I initially hated is now bearable. I'm still #teamchemistry as well, would be a shame if that doesn't make it back to the setlist. 

The ranking of the albums runs chronologically for me:

Funeral

Neon Bible

Suburbs

Reflektor

Everything Now

I think it's number three for me:

Funeral

Neon Bible

Everything Now
Reflektor
Suburbs

I've never really got the Suburbs. It generally sounds like nine or whatever people trying to sound like a three-four-piece to me. I preferred the densely layered stuff.

Edited by Homer

5 hours ago, reflekting said:

I think Good God Damn is the song which grown the most on me since I first heard the album. It faded into the background at first, but it's definitely my favourite Win moment on there now. 

As in your favourite of his vocal performances? Mine is the last couple of minutes of We Don't Deserve love, but yeah I do really like the intonation of his delivery on Good God Damn. Not a standout track that I'd necessarily look forward to massively live, but it works really well as part of the album I think. 

30 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

As in your favourite of his vocal performances? Mine is the last couple of minutes of We Don't Deserve love, but yeah I do really like the intonation of his delivery on Good God Damn. Not a standout track that I'd necessarily look forward to massively live, but it works really well as part of the album I think. 

I'm not sure if i would say vocally, but it feels like that is where it comes across as the most honest I've heard him be in a song. Do I know the context of it? No, but i like it nonetheless. 

We Don't Deserve Love could work well in the live context depending on if it was bookended by two bangers like it is on the album, let's think No Cars Go then Sprawl 2. 

Funeral>Suburbs>Reflektor>Neon Bible >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything Now

so so shit

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

49 minutes ago, reflekting said:

We Don't Deserve Love could work well in the live context depending on if it was bookended by two bangers like it is on the album, let's think No Cars Go then Sprawl 2. 

Do you mean Good God Damn? Just wondering given that WDDL is followed by a reprise.

Think the setlist they've played for the two big arena shows so far looks ideal. 

WDDL followed by Everything Now Continued is excellent on the album - get so engrossed that those first synths feel like the credits rolling and houselights coming on at the end of the movie - so yeah I'd like em to keep that on the tour.

Feel I can rank most of these records now so I'll go:
Funeral > Reflektor = The Suburbs > Everything Now > Neon Bible

Reflektor > Suburbs > Funeral = Neon Bible >> Everything Now for me.

I don't know what it is about EN. Each song (with the exception of Peter Pan for me) is decent enough, but as an album it doesn't feel like a step forward/upward as each previous album has been.  Maybe it's the piecemeal way songs were released that has stopped me hearing it as a fully formed album? It's fun enough and the songs will sound great in the setlist.  I don't think I'll be looking back in 10 years and thinking "Everything Now! What an album!", but it has the potential to be one of the more fun tours.