Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

11 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Purchased the new album on vinyl today; the opeque blue 12'' is a thing of beauty. (Please excuse any inuendo).

The album sounds fantastic on vinyl. Really nice gatefold sleeve and artwork too. Rueing my decision to purchase on regular black vinyl as the blue one looks sublime. 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

The album sounds fantastic on vinyl. Really nice gatefold sleeve and artwork too. Rueing my decision to purchase on regular black vinyl as the blue one looks sublime. 

its a magical listen, far too easy to sit and drink gin to. Agree that the artwork and sleeve add to the whole thing, you feel that you've got real value for money. It cries stroke me.....

a bit of a struggle for them in the US at moment with this record. Came in on the Billboard album charts at #1, but dropped all the way to 38 in week 2 and then an  even more massive drop to 113 (one behind a Creedence Clearwater Revival record of all things!!) in its 3rd week on the chart.

and....their Madison Square Garden show in just over 2 weeks' time has tonnes and tonnes of tickets to shift still...whole sections covered with blue dots showing seats available...

Agreed to have Tunnels as our first dance earlier. My other half is a Kiwi and we went out for 18 months before her visa sadly expired (couldn't extend) last June (six days before Glasto!). We spent a year apart and then she came over for a fortnight for this year's Glasto and we obviously instantly got back together again; before I got a bit overly euphoric in Lost Vagueness at about 2am on Sunday and told her I loved her just after Toots and the Maytals (easily done right?!). So we are getting married in Auckland at Christmas (I've not been before).

Anyway, what I'm vaguely getting to is that, with all that in mind, the Tunnels opening seems rather apt:

And if the snow buries my, my neighborhood. 
And if my parents are crying 
Then I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours, 
Yeah, a tunnel from my window to yours

(You can prob forget the parents crying bit; they're actually quite happy!)

All that plus we listened to it a lot when we got together.

Edited by Homer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Homer said:

Agreed to have Tunnels as our first dance earlier. My other half is a Kiwi and we went out for 18 months before her visa sadly expired (couldn't extend) last June (six days before Glasto!). We spent a year apart and then she came over for a fortnight for this year's Glasto and we obviously instantly got back together again; before I got a bit overly euphoric in Lost Vagueness at about 2am on Sunday and told her I loved her just after Toots and the Maytals (easily done right?!). So we are getting married in Auckland at Christmas (I've not been before).

Anyway, what I'm vaguely getting to is that, with all that in mind, the Tunnels opening seems rather apt:

God damn it that's a lovely story. It's made me put Tunnels on right now.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

God damn it that's a lovely story. It's made me put Tunnels on right now.

Ha - thanks! In return, here's a v good early live version I discovered and was watching while smashed on rum when I got back from Notting Hill Carnival last night (a much less lovely story, I'm sure we can agree!):

Just now, dentalplan said:

That is a really beautiful story but honestly play Chemistry instead trust me.

Ha ha - thanks! I'm actually keener than most but I may have to swerve that one!

It's a toss up  between Tunnels and literally the shortest song I can think of. SO far I've got Lot 105 by Blur or Girl Fight by Slaves (about 10 secs each). Not sure if either will quite work!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Congrats. 

Has she got any sisters? 

• Upvote 1

May be old news but just discovered there are about 10 pre-first EP Arcade Fire demos on Youtube. I gather this early incarnation only has Win and WIll in it. Could be wrong. A lot more chilled out and 'acousticy'. Stumbled across when i was listening to EP stuff (Headlights Look Like Diamonds). This one seems to be the best - Cars and Telephones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9UREP5FfhE

Edited by Homer

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't Win saying something in one of the recent interviews that the initial intention was for it to be a two-piece with Win on guitar and Regine on drums?

Think it was that Richard (who had produced the EP) was pushing the two-piece idea after the initial line-up split. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Looks like Richard Reed Parry on the cello.

Oh yeah that video is from 2005, it's the only footage I've seen of one of those older songs played post Funeral release.