Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

13 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

If the likes of Ticketmaster simply have you register with a photo then every time you buy a ticket with them it would come with your photo and details on it. Im sure thats not hard for them to employ. 

Radiohead this year did not work in that I know loads of folk who bought on the black market and the bouncers/security did not bother checking tickets on the way in. So whats the point?

If booking with your credit card do you not have to be the "lead booker"? Teenagers dont have credit cards usually and so cant be lead bookers if thats the case. 

Also the way its set up with booking so far in advance it doesnt allow for peoples circumstances to change. People should not have to take out ticket insurance when buying a ticket so far in advance of a gig IMO. Its just a personal bug bear of mine that they "lock you into a gig" nso far out from the date of a gig. 

Printing photos on the tickets would actually add quite a bit to costs and logistics. Print at home tickets would have issues - they'd need to be printed in colour which would add inconvenience to some people, not to mention the quality of the printing would be important as the resolution would need to be sufficient so that a small photo can be easily identifiable. This would cause issues. Someone could easily run out of a certain colour ink on the day of the gig when they come to print it - in a crowd of 15-20,000 this would happen several dozen times. 

Or they'd need to be sent out, but then the whole way the tickets are printed would need to change - currently they must be very easy/cheap to print as they just have some basic black text and a barcode. Adding a photo to it would switch things up completely both in terms of colour and resolution. Glastonbury can absorb these costs because of the ticket price. Also, what if you register with Ticketmaster but the tickets are on sale on AXS or See? People would complain that they're registered with one website but not the others, and often there wouldn't be time to process their registration in time. 

For Radiohead - Manchester they took away the ID checks completely because of the venue change and so many people needed to change plans - I was in contact with WASTE/Sandbag asking them about this. That was deliberate and necessary. I was checked in London, Amsterdam and Stockholm, just not in Oslo. The lead booker doesn't have to be the person on the credit/debit card, I'm pretty sure I recall entering my name separately. 

Edited by arcade fireman

58 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Eurghhh I was hoping to pick up some spares nearer the time. Looks like it's now or never though if you want tickets. This wasn't even in place for the Castlefield Bowl gig so fuck knows why they've brought it in now.

Screenshot_2017-07-21-11-05-45.png

I've been to gigs where that's been in the T&Cs and never known it enforced 

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've been to gigs where that's been in the T&Cs and never known it enforced 

Often the case with e tickets I've found, but when it explicitly states this at the point of purchase I've had my ID checked. That was the case with Paramore this year and Muse in 2015, but they were small gigs rather than your standard arena tour where there are plenty of tickets available. Dunno, I wouldn't risk paying £60 for a spare if I wasn't sure I'm gonna get in.

Went to Gorillaz at Brixton last month and the tickets were clearly marked with our names and it said entry was ID only. We turned up and waltzed right in without so much as a glance. Other people who got there earlier were saying that they had been thoroughly checked. So maybe rocking up a little later when most are already in is the answer?

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

They sounded better in Manchester recently than they did on their last couple of tours, if that helps?

Plus seeing them in the round will probably be a lot of fun. 

Cheers,

I think they only time I've been disappointed was at their Earls Court show for Reflektor. I've never been to Wembley Arena so am assuming it's going to be similarly shit as a venue to see them play.

13 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Cheers,

I think they only time I've been disappointed was at their Earls Court show for Reflektor. I've never been to Wembley Arena so am assuming it's going to be similarly shit as a venue to see them play.

I think seeing them in the round will be a very different experience to most other types of arena gigs, be it Arcade Fire or someone else. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Hows that working do you know?

https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/arcade-fire-tickets?utm_source=ln_solus_arcade_fire_200717&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=arcade_fire_2018

Looks like you will be able to get access if you sign up between now and then. 

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Went to Gorillaz at Brixton last month and the tickets were clearly marked with our names and it said entry was ID only. We turned up and waltzed right in without so much as a glance. Other people who got there earlier were saying that they had been thoroughly checked. So maybe rocking up a little later when most are already in is the answer?

At Portsmouth we got there early and my (lead booker) ID got checked. Not sure if this supports your suggestion or not!

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

https://www.livenation.co.uk/artist/arcade-fire-tickets?utm_source=ln_solus_arcade_fire_200717&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=arcade_fire_2018

Looks like you will be able to get access if you sign up between now and then. 

At Portsmouth we got there early and my (lead booker) ID got checked. Not sure if this supports your suggestion or not!

Forgot to say in my post that we turned up about 15 minutes before they were due on stage.

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

It worked reasonably well for Radiohead - not perfect and it did mean that whatever tickets did make their way onto the secondary market cost a lot more at times. But that's only because the supply of secondary tickets on the market was less meaning far more tickets were bought by actual fans in the first place.

You can buy tickets for people, just put their name as the "lead booker" on the ticket. Teenage kids isn't ideal as they might not have photo ID except for a passport, but then you're talking about a narrow window as young teens would likely be accompanied by parents anyway. Putting photos on the ticket is fine for an annual event that you register for and the cost is absorbed into the 240 quid ticket price. Less practical for gigs that can pop up now and then and where it'd make a much bigger difference to the ticket price. 

The system isn't perfect but it's much better than scores of tickets being bought by touts. And they're bringing in this fan to fan resale portal aren't they? That combined with this could work quite well if its done right, as you could sell them back to the portal and another fan could buy named tickets.  

I got done for for prince at the roundhouse when the stated name was card holders name and not the account name and i couldnt get it changed. I got in by absolutely ridiculous circumstances but i doubt id ever get in like that again.  I wish bands would go with what ticketweb do and make it easy to sell back and from the website for id gigs. 

8 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

I got done for for prince at the roundhouse when the stated name was card holders name and not the account name and i couldnt get it changed. I got in by absolutely ridiculous circumstances but i doubt id ever get in like that again.  I wish bands would go with what ticketweb do and make it easy to sell back and from the website for id gigs. 

Must have been different rules then - I bought Radiohead tickets on my card but put my mates name on one pair of tickets (for Amsterdam I think).