Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

So London will be upwards of £70, most likely. Sorry Arcade and the Fires, but I'm skint. Will try and pick one up closer to the time - won't be hard to find 'em at FV, I assume - well, if the album isn't a dud.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/arcade-fire-glasgow-16-04-2018/event/360052F4CBD08A2C?artistid=946978&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

£63.45 including fees for Glasgow, presumably the same for the others except London

Hoping this is the expensive seats and that there's standing for about a tenner less, as is usually the case. Can't view Ticketmaster properly on phone. I can't see Arcade Fire being able to charge the same as The Killers or Green Day.

I hate this trend of selling out the tour just before the album drops. i know we've heard lots of singles from it and the album will create some hype but i really wish tours went on sale at least a week or 2 after the album has come out. 

in other news im all in for brum :) 

2 minutes ago, reflekting said:

It's the first thing in my diary for 2018 so I can't complain. Plenty of time to save up for a few of the dates. How is the Genting arena?

Genting's the NEC right? It's alright, your bog standard arena from what I remember.

Although I did see Bowie there, which was fantastic.

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So London will be upwards of £70, most likely. Sorry Arcade and the Fires, but I'm skint. Will try and pick one up closer to the time - won't be hard to find 'em at FV, I assume - well, if the album isn't a dud.

Just before payday too! Why not a week later!

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Genting's the NEC right? It's alright, your bog standard arena from what I remember.

Although I did see Bowie there, which was fantastic.

Genting is the Barclaycard arena up by sealife center. Its also bog standard. Had a good time though for foals the prodigy and fall out boy

Just now, Tommy101 said:

The band and Wembley have a free date on Friday 13th. Any chance a date will be added? Friday night would make things soo much easier!

Maybe the band are superstitious ooOOOoo

5 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Why not 5 months later. Bringing tickets out 9 months in advance is just silly

I suppose it's done so it's while the album is still being looked forward to or fresh in the mind.

8 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Why not 5 months later. Bringing tickets out 9 months in advance is just silly

A couple of times I've bought tickets over a year in advance without realising. e.g. Ross Noble who sold tickets for a recent tour 16 months ahead of time. I bought them as a Birthday present - it right scuppered my plans (obviously I could still use them a year later). 

Edited by Tommy101
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

I figure it would be best in 2 weeks just after the album has come out. 

It goes on general sale on release date, right?

Anyway, if people want to buy tickets two weeks later then they still might be able to. If they can't then the gig's already successfully sold to capacity, and I don't reckon promoters are gonna be pissed off about selling too quickly. :P

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It goes on general sale on release date, right?

Anyway, if people want to buy tickets two weeks later then they still might be able to. If they can't then the gig's already successfully sold to capacity, and I don't reckon promoters are gonna be pissed off about selling too quickly. :P

it does, i was more saying as a punter id rather album tours went on sale with the album out so people know what theyre getting into. At least arcade fire have put out lots of singles for this one but quite often we're buying tickets blind to the album which will be a large portion of the setlist.

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

it does, i was more saying as a punter id rather album tours went on sale with the album out so people know what theyre getting into. At least arcade fire have put out lots of singles for this one but quite often we're buying tickets blind to the album which will be a large portion of the setlist.

That's fair enough but I think a lot of the time if it's selling out instantly then it's because people know or at least anticipate what they're getting into. I don't think it's ever happened to me personally whereby I buy a ticket then regret it when the album comes out, and in this thread a lot of peeps were hoping the album would be out before summer dates that they were going to because they wanted to hear the new shiz, whatever it turned out to be.

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

1:30 our time? If it's a thing like TLOP where they play the album for a room of sycophants then I'll probs just listen to it at midnight or earlier, preorder permitting.

Not Tidal too, oddly enough. It's fun when the Everything Now joke gives 'em license to do actual sponsorship crap. Reminds me of this...

product-placement-waynes-world-pepsi-320

Changing the subject a bit... Does anyone know why there were handheld camcorders everywhere at the Scünthorpe show (even on the stage for a few songs)? Was this repeated at the other small club shows? It looks like some of the recordings were used for the Brooklyn teaser, but they recorded the whole show, so must be more to it than that. The camcorders looked archaic, like something from the 90s.

They also interviewed people from Sc**thorpe in the queue, but asked really generic questions like "what other bands have you seen play Sc**thorpe?" and "describe Sc**thorpe for us".

Edited by fowls

Call me a tight-fisted git but the price of tickets is becoming fucking scandalous. £63.45 excluding delivery is obscene. 2 tickets over £125 :o. I don't care how good the band is (yes, I'm well aware some artists charge even more).

The band's 2010 arena tour was just £27 for comparison. I know bands get bigger and expect more with all associated costs rising but that increase has made it unjustifiable.

• Upvote 1