Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a lot of links. Any chance of a summary of the weirdness?

They're all different articles...all seemingly strange parody articles about the band. Think there's a few more floating about 

Edited by Mouseboy11

40 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

They're all different articles...all seemingly strange parody articles about the band. Think there's a few more floating about 

Yep. This one is obviously a parody, with all the links leading to various internet stuffs about them

http://www.hollywooodreporter.co/news/arcade-fire-disastrous-video-project-terry-gilliam-1020272/#

4 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've enjoyed the marketing for this album, even if it hasn't been very subtle 

Yeah it's kept me entertained and engaged in the countdown, so to speak. I don't know if the people getting salty about it are taking it too seriously or just aren't giving Arcade Fire an inch at the moment.

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it's kept me entertained and engaged in the countdown, so to speak. I don't know if the people getting salty about it are taking it too seriously or just aren't giving Arcade Fire an inch at the moment.

I think we're starting to see a division in Arcade Fire fans like the "why don't they play guitar rock anymore?!" Radiohead fans.

2 hours ago, fowls said:

I think we're starting to see a division in Arcade Fire fans like the "why don't they play guitar rock anymore?!" Radiohead fans.

How can you compare Arcade Fire to Ribenahead? AF have all the choruses and BBCRadioStokehead don't have any.

Listened to a decent radio recording of Chemistry played live and I've come to terms with the fact that it's likely to ruin the album as a cohesive thing for me. I like pretty much everything they do and even the weaker songs on previous albums have never made me want to skip, but unless it changes drastically this is going to be almost unlistenable. 

On a more positive note I've still only heard Electric Blue once in full but have been singing it in my head constantly. Might end up as my favourite of the four. 

9 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've enjoyed the marketing for this album, even if it hasn't been very subtle 

Yeah, sounds a bit naff on paper (not that I can empathise with getting annoyed about a naff marketing campaign) but I've been quite impressed by how far they've gone with the concept. 

1 minute ago, bocumaroy said:

Listened to a decent radio recording of Chemistry played live and I've come to terms with the fact that it's likely to ruin the album as a cohesive thing for me. I like pretty much everything they do and even the weaker songs on previous albums have never made me want to skip, but unless it changes drastically this is going to be almost unlistenable. 

I've only just heard Chemistry and I hate it. So much. Even more than You Already Know which I still skip every time I listen to Reflektor. Definitely gonna be the odd one out on the record

16 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I've only just heard Chemistry and I hate it. So much. Even more than You Already Know which I still skip every time I listen to Reflektor. Definitely gonna be the odd one out on the record

Right, it's by far the worst thing I've ever heard them play, to the point that it almost sounds like a joke song. You Already Know is the closest point of comparison, but I enjoy the baseline and find the bland lyrics completely inoffensive in comparison to this monstrosity. 

Also Reflektor's length and erratic charm can get away with a dud to some extent, but Everything Now is going to be much slighter in comparison, with several short tracks, so it can't really afford one this bad. Kind of expect it to be the next single too, so that should be fun. 

11 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Unless this is the pesky Everything Now corporation leading us on so we pre-order the record.. <_<

There should be a * somewhere saying that you don't actually have to preorder, with a link to sign up for the future access for free, unless they've stopped doing that in the last couple of days.

On 18/07/2017 at 9:13 PM, kaytee... said:

Edited by OG