Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was the Edinburgh gig just a bit out of form for this tour then?  Aint no-one coming out of that calling it the best ever anything.  In fact, I saw 3 gigs that weekend and it wasn't even in the top 2.

I'm guessing so. It's the only one of the four UK shows in the round that I've seen a less than completely ecstatic response to. I did check the setlist to Edinburgh and think we got a much better run through in Scunny, but the band on social media seemed more appreciative of the Corn Exchange so y'all musta been better looking.

19 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Absolutely phenomenal tonight, genuinely the best gig of my life Enjoy tomorrow folks :) 

I'm glad you said that...I came out thinking 'best gig of my life' and kept asking myself...really was it?? Am I exaggerating?? But it bloody was! The energy in that room! Hope everyone has an amazing time tonight. You're in for a treat with the new stuff. 

Ahh was wondering why it was so busy in The Wharf earlier, this explains it. Normally I feel like a big kid drinking with the suits, today I felt like a big kid drinking with the suits and a load of posh glittery people. Y'all got lucky with the weather!

Wow. Just wow. Not really any surprises but fuck me that's a band on form. Loved it from start to finish. Sounded perfect. Rebellion second song, who does that!? Unreal.

Loved every second. Had a great spot down the front, right of the stage as you look at it. Regine looked and sounded amazing, Win looked like he loved every minute. The Love Will Tear Us Apart ending was a nice touch. Cannot wait for them to tour the new album.

Wow. I have seen them a few times - pyramid, Hackney empire, bowie second line parade in New Orleans etc... but that was just as special. 

What I wouldn't give for a regime solo album, wih more singles like sprawl 2, produced by win.

Oh my word!!! I think that was better than Scünthorpe!!! Scûnthorpe was a fun party in a tiny venue, but this was such a heartfelt show.  I was just expecting a nice pleasant gig and little song along after the great Scùnthorpe show - like the Manchester Radiohead show was to the glasto Radiohead show - but it really hit me for six.

Win seemed genuinely touched and sang his heart out more than I've seen before. Here Comes the Nighttime singalong was something else.  Never heard singing that loud outside of Glasto -and from a relatively small crowd!! - it was so intense. I nearly cried when Win started singing Love will tear us apart again.

Ah! So great! Id say that was top 5 gig material, but my friend asked me what my top 5 gigs were and Ireeled off over a dozen... So I'll just say it's in the upper echelons of what a gig can be (because I'm pretentious like that).

As an aside: First time I've been to the Castlefield bowl. Such a great venue - fills with loads of people but feels really intimate.

Edited by fowls
  • Upvote 1