Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

44 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

This album sounds nuts. Cheers for sharing that. They're hopping genres on every track and I just can't wait.

2 minutes ago, reflekting said:

It was actually incredible. I can't describe how good that was. Best moment of my year, possibly my favourite ever gig. What a great setlist, didn't expect Laika or We Used to Wait at all!

Yeah that setlist looks fab. I'd love to see Laika. At the expense of Haiti but still cool.

Gonna try my best to avoid Chemistry. I imagine it's the song that comes out this Friday or next Friday but yeah I want something to save for the album.

16 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Truly incredible. What a venue and what a setlist. Win looked genuinely moved by the reaction during Wake Up. 

Wow. 

Have they come back out for one more song yet :)? Thought York Hall were gonna have a riot on their hands. 

17 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I was planning on trying to avoid it but I guess that's gonna be impossible if they play it on Thursday :P 

It was very catchy again. I picked up the words by halfway through. Similar style to Signs of Life lyrically but a bit more of a classic Arcade Fire style. 

1 minute ago, reflekting said:

They were on about 8.45 tonight. No support. Sax player came on to do the Star Spangled Banner. 

how long did they play for?

2 minutes ago, reflekting said:

For those going tomorrow, there are long queues for the venue and the bar. Take cash and be in line for 7.30 if possible so you have time to squeeze a couple of beers in. 

thanks for the heads up :) 

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Laika beats Haiti out for me pretty heavily. Haiti's alright but probably my least favourite song on the album tbh.

It probably edges Haiti for me on the album but idk in a live setting. Régine is my spirit animal. All opportunities for her to sing are encouraged.

On the Neighborhoods theme; Powerellion seems to be having a real on-off relationship in recent shows. Obviously they're both godly tunes that stand up on their own but when that drum beat starts slowing down it's pretty fucking gnar. They need to stay united.

Edited by dentalplan

I've never been that into Laika tbh. Obviously it's a good song but it's probably my least favourite on Funeral. Agreed on Power Out into Rebellion (Lies) though, it's one of those things that even when you expect it it's still amazing. The video of them doing it at Reading from 2010 is one of my favourites.

Incredible gig tonight. My 10th show of theirs and the setlist and venue has never been better in my opinion. Totally buzzing! Was sweaty as hell in the venue, although that may be down to the dancing from myself and the Mrs! Everything Now and Creature Comforts are stunning live, up there with their best I'd say!

Enjoy those going tomorrow or in Manchester, greatest band on the planet at the moment I'd say!

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It probably edges Haiti for me on the album but idk in a live setting. Régine is my spirit animal. All opportunities for her to sing are encouraged.

On the Neighborhoods theme; Powerellion seems to be having a real on-off relationship in recent shows. Obviously they're both godly tunes that stand up on their own but when that drum beat starts slowing down it's pretty fucking gnar. They need to stay united.

Aye, Haiti is always a live highlight for me. Powerellion too (though seem to remember seeing them do Month of Maybellion once which worked quite well too)

Haiti is one of my favourites live and on record, but they've dropped it for the last few shows even before those tour debuts, so I'm not hopeful for it on Thursday with an even shorter set. If it has to miss out, I'd love We Used to Wait. 

Great to see glowing reports with some people saying it's as good as they've been since the Funeral tour etc.

4 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Great to see glowing reports with some people saying it's as good as they've been since the Funeral tour etc.

Interesting assessment, I'm much happier seeing them now with big tunes like Reflektor (works much better deep in  a the set then as the opener) and Afterlife than seeing something like Headlights with Diamonds. 

The one that did surprise me was how much they have changed the sound for Neon Bible, it is much more synthy than it has been before. 

Im gutted I'm not going again tonight now if I'm honest.