Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

10 hours ago, 87 BEANS said:

Funeral has disappeared off of Spotify for me, has this happened for anyone else?

I can't find the studio version of Creature Comforts but can't wait to hear it, sounds epic live based on the videos I've seen!

Dropped off Google Play as well, this happened a few months ago with The Suburbs. Think it's to do with licensing not being renewed. They've probably got other things on their mind like cereal box releases.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

On first listen I think it's... just alright. Certainly hasn't grabbed me the way Everything Now did. Suspect it might be a grower.

Everything now is one of the best pop songs in years and almost the perfect distillation of AF's songwriting, hard to stand close to it without being in it's shadow I reckon.

Now, turn the speakers up til they break.

• Upvote 3

Love Creature Comfort! Honestly Everything Now has gotten less impressive to me with each listen to the point that it kind of grates (probably doesn't help that I played it a whole bunch pre-Primavera set), but that new one is sounding ace, and I was obviously hammered when they played it at Primavera 'cause I don't remember it at all.

I'm really surprised by the mixing of Creature Comfort on record. From the live version I was expecting a bright melody with a darker industrial beat... but the record takes away the extreme with everything meeting in the middle, and loses a lot of the power in the  process. The punchiness is gone, and the massive contrast between the melody and where the hell is the glock?!?

It's still good, but nowhere near as big an impact. The live version I love, the recorded version is just alright.  I don't think I'd be looking forward to seeing it live if we had heard the recorded version first.

Come to think of it, this is the first time an AF song has significantly changed from record to live that I can think of.

I'm getting to the stage where I'm playing the two songs on repeat too often now. Think I need to stop listening until the album is out.  I finally decided on the Korean cover. It's horrible how it's either a fancy cover or a coloured vinyl. Terrible choice to make!!!

Edited by fowls

8 minutes ago, rinzeanne said:

Full live show from Best Kept Secret Festival now livestream via http://3voor12.vpro.nl or if you are living in the Netherlands at channel 999 (101TV)! Great show!

It's a f*ckin' great show! Wake Up into Everything Now into Haiti into Here Comes the Nighttime without one second rest. What a start!