Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

On 6/8/2017 at 9:13 AM, Wakey321 said:

Wow! What a sublime, incredible, amazing gig. The band were just simply breath-taking and the venue was great! I was on the side that Win and Regine spent most time on so just lucky on that respects! The new songs sound fantastic live and Wake Up played acoustically was amazing. ( I videoed most of that if anyone wants to see it?). The setlist was excellent and ran pretty much perfect. Would have liked The Suburbs but cant ask for everything!

Also I thought the way the security dealt with searching people was really well done and didn't take long at all.

What side was that...? Just in case they keep the same staging into next month. Ta

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Haven't been to Castlefield Bowl since the days of D-Percussion, but I'm assuming it's still the standard amphitheatre style set up? No room for a circular stage anywhere?

Can't imagine so, especially with all the other gigs being there as well.

Gutted I didn't go to Sc**thorpe now, Castlefield bowl can't come soon enough (obviously got Glastonbury to enjoy first).

Picked up the Everything Now 12" single today as well!

1 hour ago, John_P said:

Picked up the Everything Now 12" single today as well!

Aha, there was a fella next to me in Piccadilly Records today, picking up summat limited and Arcade Fire, seemed pretty jazzed about it but I daren't ask what it was, because I was already spending serious coin on Planetarium.

18 hours ago, Hawros said:

What side was that...? Just in case they keep the same staging into next month. Ta

18920482_10158784167330015_5113760673431

This shows their main positions, but they all move around a bit. Wins corner is easy to make out as it's the only corner without a keyboard. Wins and Regine's side was facing towards the front of the venue too - the stage wasn't in the exact centre, so there was more space on their side than the others.

And Richard's side had the Regine dancing.

Edited by fowls
  • Upvote 1

Anyone know what time they're on at IOW tonight? I'm assuming they'll be shown on Sky Arts' live coverage?

Also on the topic of which side was Win and Regine's, we did a lap of the stage once we got in trying to work out where to stand. Couldn't work it out so just guessed, and luckily ended up being dead centre on their side. Would have been a little disappointed if I was on the other side. Win went over there a few times but not that much.

41 minutes ago, erndogz said:

18 tracks squeezed in an hour and a half. Is it just me or have they gone more electronic? 

Lead singles from the last two albums produced by members of LCD Soundsystem and Daft Punk... it has felt like they have been headed that way

Sc**thorpe was unreal. Was the other side to Win etc, but didn't bother me - lots more space this side + Sarah Neufeld.

Can't think of a better gig experience I've been to. Was surreal walking around the quiet, pretty lifeless, town before the show thinking the best live band in the world were going to play in the local theatre.

Luckily got a York Hall ticket too. Counting down the days!

12 hours ago, Iron14 said:

Showing it tomorrow not tonight. Shame.

Ah thanks for the heads up (and to those who posted above), I'll set it to record.

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well that's good news; this can be the one Sky Arts show I watch every two years to make me feel a little less of a mug for letting the Virgin guy sell me a package with Sky Arts because he convinced me it was amazing and I'd love it.

It used to be amazing but they merged 2/3 Sky arts channels into one which has resulted in far fewer concert/festival recordings. Jumping ship to NowTV as soon as I get round too it. It's still lining Murdocks pockets but at least it's a lot less cash.