Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think it was about £45 for Reflektors if memory serves...

So yeah, 30+% in 4 years ain't t'rrific. Though they kept the Earl's Court ones cheap. Quite a bit more than the other UK dates, right? You'd be hoping for some good support/one helluva show, regardless.

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So yeah, 30+% in 4 years ain't t'rrific. Though they kept the Earl's Court ones cheap. Quite a bit more than the other UK dates, right? You'd be hoping for some good support/one helluva show, regardless.

Yeah, my 4 Sc**thorpe tickets came to £202 including fees n stuff (dunno if there were less fees due to me buying them in person, obv didn't have to pay for delivery), so £50.50 each.

It's too expensive but I'm a bit desensitised to the prices now, aside from the issue of whether I can afford it. Think all expensive gigs are problematic to an extent so it seems futile deciding where to draw the line. Preparing myself for the disappointment of not getting a ticket anyway.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

If there's a good/any support (think there might not be) and it's a proper full-length set (surely will be) then it's not really comparable to the Reflektors gigs.

Edit: £7.50 is definitely the most I've ever paid in fees though. 

Edited by bocumaroy

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Gigs, particularly in London, are getting really expensive. Arcade Fire are probably one of the few who give you your money's worth to be fair.

Just to compare to another intimate show that was announced today: Linkin Park in Brixton Academy is over £70!

Compare to another intimate one: I'm seeing Gorillaz on Friday for £30.

Artists can charge less if they want to.

They're clearly choosing these small intimate venues over the bigger venues to appease hardcore fans as opposed to maximising revenue on a tour.  

I don't understand why they just don't take the hit and put them on at or below 'market rates' if they're 'for the fans'.

44 minutes ago, bocumaroy said:

Think it's a bit pointless comparing prices to other acts without knowing their overheads etc, but it is odd that it's £10 more than the other two gigs. 

Not particularly excited to hear the new song. :-/

Its often at least a fiver more expensive in London anyway isn't it?