Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw Muse for like £30-odd at Manchester Academy on the Psycho tour, when their usual gigs at the time were probably around £60.

If Arcade Fire are charging full price for these gigs I should hope we'll get a proper show and not some shortened set filled with new songs.

I'm still gonna try because there'll be no travel costs and seeing them in such a small, local venue will be an experience. But if it's anything less than a proper, full set I'd feel a bit short changed.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't given that they're promoted just like any other gigs, rather than with a pseudonym/alias etc. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heh.  VIP tix for Pirate Keith and the lads last week in the Dam topped out at 1100 euros.

But then no risk of them playing Flashbulb Eyes.

:lol: You bastard. 

Just now, bocumaroy said:

I expect £50+ for the arena shows but I always assumed they were way more expensive to put on. I don't know how it works between venue/promoter/band though tbf. 

Wouldn't be surprised if their arena shows became way more expensive this time anyway.

Yeah, imports are gettin' 'spensive across the board. But we get to keep our sovereignty, and you can't put a price on that.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I saw Muse for like £30-odd at Manchester Academy on the Psycho tour, when their usual gigs at the time were probably around £60.

If Arcade Fire are charging full price for these gigs I should hope we'll get a proper show and not some shortened set filled with new songs.

I'm still gonna try because there'll be no travel costs and seeing them in such a small, local venue will be an experience. But if it's anything less than a proper, full set I'd feel a bit short changed.

Don't know about Manchester but I specifically remember being pissed off Muse were stilling charging £50 when I saw them at Newport 

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Are we thinking a larger arena tour later in the year is a possibility then? 

Possibly, although people said the same thing when they announced their intimate 2013 tour and then the arena tour never came :lol:

What with the album not being released yet (and possibly not being released by the time of these small shows) you'd certainly hope/expect some more shows will come later on when it has been released (although it must be due in the next couple of months if they're lining up all these shows).

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Fucking hell, really? I'm sure Manchester Arena standing tickets were like £50, but I wasn't bothered enough to pay that much and only ended up going because my brother bought me a ticket.

Manchester Academy tickets cost me over £40 after fees and standing for the Arena was £65 + fees. Came to nearly £150 for a pair of them, I remember buying a pair for my brother, disgusting price. 

£45 + fees for Arcade Fire seems about as good as it was gonna be realistically. Has anyone seen what London Grammar are charging?! Coming in at nearly £40 after fees which makes these AF gigs seem a bargain.

13 hours ago, iaintcool said:

I can't believe this! I'm from Sc**thorpe originally so I'm flying back there before Glasto (Family still live there) But I don't land until the 8th! Wish I held of another week before I booked my flights. Devastated

15 hours ago, Iron14 said:

Unfortunately we share that honour mate

another Scunny efester here! Manchester based now so was looking to get a FV castlefield bowl ticket but gonna venture back for the Baths gig (if I get tickets!).

I've not been since DJ Kev and Steve Birds Friday night club nights in 2001...

Edited by adequate8
typo
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Fucking hell, really? I'm sure Manchester Arena standing tickets were like £50, but I wasn't bothered enough to pay that much and only ended up going because my brother bought me a ticket.

£73.00 standing, but that was before fees and shit. I ended up getting one on the day for £48 and considered that a bargain :(

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Are we thinking a larger arena tour later in the year is a possibility then? 

Possibly yeah, no way that these would be the only shows. Could see it maybe being as late as next summer though if they're doing festivals again, with them probably touring the US and Canada then South America this year. 

Just booked the day after off work!  Now I just need to pray to the ticketing gods that I'm successful tomorrow.

Going from having no Glastonbury tickets and no gigs booked up for the year at the start of last month to being successful in the resale and getting tickets for two of my favourite bands would be quite the turnaround.  Almost too good to realistically happen...

Bit confused. Tickets are available online and from the box office so I was gonna go down in person and try that way as I guessed I'd be more likely to be successful, but the Baths Hall website says box office opens at 10:30am. Does anyone know (based on what venues usually do) whether they'll probably open it early at 9am, or whether the box office tickets will just be available from 10:30? Probably a stupid question but I've never bought tickets in person before.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Bit confused. Tickets are available online and from the box office so I was gonna go down in person and try that way as I guessed I'd be more likely to be successful, but the Baths Hall website says box office opens at 10:30am. Does anyone know (based on what venues usually do) whether they'll probably open it early at 9am, or whether the box office tickets will just be available from 10:30? Probably a stupid question but I've never bought tickets in person before.

I could completely wrong here, but they might save some tickets aside just for the box office?

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I could completely wrong here, but they might save some tickets aside just for the box office?

Yeah I'm assuming there'll be a separate allocation for box office but I can't work out whether they'll go on sale at 10:30 or whether box office will open early at 9.

Edited by Will-2609