Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Impressive. Haven't seen them as much as I'd have like to. Manchester Gmex, Hyde Park, Blackpool empress ballroom, Pyramid stage front and center, NOS Alive in Lisbon and soon to be Castlefield B)

Seeing anyone at the Empress Ballroom is a win! 

Though you reminded me, I did leave GMEX off my original list:D

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

gigsandtours have given me fucking print at home tickets. You reckon there's any way to get proper ones sent? Obviously nobody who doesn't work from home owns a printer.

They're all print at home, I believe. 

Attach it to an email with your name, address, bank account number and sort code & I'll print if off for you 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wasn't that Bowie's penultimate live performance? Wow.

Honestly never thought of this. I wish I hadn't drunk as much as I did that night, he came on for the encore. We thought the gig posters were a rip off at 40 dollars so didn't bother. Thick as pig shit I am.

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What does everyone think of Reflektor?

I'll admit at first, I thought it was extremely meh and didn't really revisit it for a long while. I'm glad I did though because I absolutely love it now, I'd even rate it above The Suburbs (which I also love). 

They really haven't even got close to releasing a dud, have they?

56 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Though the weakest of the 4, certainly still a very strong album. Normal Person would be in my top 10 AF songs, Afterlife & We Exist also particularly strong. Certainly different to the other 3 & more 'radio friendly' imo, possibly part of why critically/core fanbase wise it is the least popular. 

Also gonna be my first time seeing AF at Castlefield. After Radiohead at Glasto all I need now is to finalise a trip to the Netherlands to see Interpol & I'll have seen my top 3 bands all for the 1st this summer. 

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It didn't blow me away first listen, especially the first half but the second half of the record is incredible.

Then I saw them play the songs live and its really brought a whole new life to their gigs. Like look at the difference between them on Neon Bible tour and now. Take themselves a lot less seriously and I like that

Glasgow Barrowlands (12/03/07)
Glastonbury Other (22/06/07)
TITP (07/07/07)
Reading Festival (25/08/07)
Glasgow SECC (26/10/07)
Reading Festival (28/08/10)
Glasgow SECC (12/12/10)
Barrowlands (Reflektors 16/11/13)
Dublin Marlay Park (29/06/14)

Castlefield Bowl (06/07/17)

Also just got the Reflektors Tapes Bluray, not watched it yet though!