Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Like a mini t-day that, I won't feel safe until I get the confirmation email!

Same here.  Mine only just came through, happy days!

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Should I be worried that it doesn't show in the orders on my gigsandtours account yet?

If you've got a booking reference, I wouldn't worry.  You can always contact customer service.  I bet it'll appear on your account around the same time the email comes through.

24 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

keep refreshing gigs and tours and see, I got mine 40 mins after sell out in yesterdays presale

Been busy at work this morning so had given up hope but just tried my luck on gigs and tours (kept refreshing it as it said unavailable) and eventually I managed to snap up 2! Wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't read that so thanks! 

1 minute ago, DavisO89 said:

Been busy at work this morning so had given up hope but just tried my luck on gigs and tours (kept refreshing it as it said unavailable) and eventually I managed to snap up 2! Wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't read that so thanks! 

Great news! Glad to see so many on here got tickets

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So, what's the deal with these daytime Castefield gigs?  Has anyone been to one before? It starts at five Is there loads of support, or are Arcade Fire going to play in the middle of the day and we're all home in time for tea?

Saw Bjork there in 2015 for her MIF event. Doors were 6pm for that, support at about 7.30 and she started just after 9. Only really dark for her encore but still a lovely atmosphere

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So, what's the deal with these daytime Castefield gigs?  Has anyone been to one before? It starts at five Is there loads of support, or are Arcade Fire going to play in the middle of the day and we're all home in time for tea?

Starts at 5, Arcade Fire won't be on until 7 I guess. I saw Bjork - from afar - at the Festival 2 years ago, she was playing early evening.

For those who aren't familiar, Manchester International Festival is only for new commissions, so it won't just be a regular AF gig, there will be something new (Like of course they did for the Reflektor tour)

Edit: Above post more accurate than mine!!

Edited by Avalon_Fields

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Starts at 5, Arcade Fire won't be on until 7 I guess. I saw Bjork - from afar - at the Festival 2 years ago, she was playing early evening.

For those who aren't familiar, Manchester International Festival is only for new commissions, so it won't just be a regular AF gig, there will be something new (Like of course they did for the Reflektor tour)

They'll still finish with Wake Up though right?  Right???

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They usually have two or three supports so can't wait to see who's playing before AF. Will be finished before 11 with its being a residential area

24 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Should I be worried that it doesn't show in the orders on my gigsandtours account yet?

If it's anything like seetickets then sometimes they don't show up straight away but you can check your order status if you have the reference number, I have the same panic every year with Glastonbury tickets.

Works out well for me, finish work 2pm that Thursday then train/bus from Nottingham to Manchester, so will be taking the Friday off too. 

Go to the gig, get a cheap hotel then head over to a campsite near Jodrell Bank to meet the OH with the campervan for the Orbital day on the Saturday :) 

Edited by Paul ™

35 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Needed 3, only got 2 on Seetickets. Not been able to get back in to buy another. On the plus side, there are loads on Viagogo....

Not sure what to do now, who do Iet down for a ticket? Might just hang on see if anything turns up nearer the time.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Our entire group all got through and bought 2. I have a spare. If anyone needs only one ticket, DM me.

I think you two should collaborate

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

What does new commissions actually mean??

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I remember seeing Bjork play the same venue as part of MIF a couple of years back and I don't think the show was anything different from the rest of her tour? So I'm guessing AF will just be another stop on their tour as well, nothing unique to make it stand out, who knows.

Edited by ericlered