Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

9 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Arcade fire would be just fine after LCD. They were absolutely magnificent last tour 

They were for the most part, yeah, but I think they'd have to be really on it consistently (on a few streams they looked and sounded pretty ropey) otherwise LCD's energy might make them seem a bit tame in comparison. Still a dream prospect though, having said that. 

I've seen them tour off the back of every album so far.

I think my personal order as it stands is

Suburbs

Funeral

Neon Bible

Refektor

Something didn't quite click for me with the last tour and headling Glastonbury, far better at Reading in 05 and headlining it in 2010. I actually thought they were better at Earls Court than Glastonbury

In my opinion both Funeral and the Suburbs are classics, I think the Suburbs is their most complete album while Funeral does indeed for the majority havemost of the unmissable tracks for the setlists.

Reading 2010 was perfect

Power Out/Rebellion Lies then Month of May and Wake Up,

the best four song conclusion to any set since the end of Nine Inch Nails Head Like a Hole and Hurt.

Edited by siweltrebor
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

Something didn't quite click for me with the last tour and headling Glastonbury, far better at Reading in 05 and headlining it in 2010. I actually thought they were better at Earls Court than Glastonbury

In my opinion both Funeral and the Suburbs are classics, I think the Suburbs is their most complete album while Funeral does indeed for the majority havemost of the unmissable tracks for the setlists.

Yeah Glastonbury was definitely my least favourite of the last tour. Earls Court was the best I've ever seen them and The Reflektors show in Blackpool probably my next favourite. Would rank all of them including Glastonbury as better than any of the three Suburbs tour gigs I went to though. 

Reading 2010 is their best online video set. 

I was surprised how much space there was at the front of the Reading crowd, had loads of room to enjoy it with my mate and they were excellent that night, one of the best headline sets I've seen at Reading along with RATM in 2008.

The crowd where I was for Glastonbury was awful, very crowded, but full of people around me who just wanted to be at the front of the Pyramid Stage and didn't even really get into Arcade Fire or their music, was a strange atmosphere directly around me, compared to Blur which was epic.

Just now, siweltrebor said:

I was surprised how much space there was at the front of the Reading crowd, had loads of room to enjoy it with my mate and they were excellent that night, one of the best headline sets I've seen at Reading along with RATM in 2008.

The crowd where I was for Glastonbury was awful, very crowded, but full of people around me who just wanted to be at the front of the Pyramid Stage and didn't even really get into Arcade Fire or their music, was a strange atmosphere directly around me, compared to Blur which was epic.

There was a mass exodus after The Libertines, who played before Arcade Fire at Reading. I got totally crushed. It felt pretty dangerous 

3 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

That sucks. It was the crowd around me that made the gig special, as I was not that keen on reflektor beforehand. I was down the front and surrounded by people who were obviously big fans, and it was sensational atmosphere. I was just by the red flare that went off during one of the songs. You were probably only a few metres away!

4 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

Bet you were near me. I was stuck in a rammed section near the front with people taking selfies and telling each other how "amazing" it was. Plus the sound was shite, as I've whined about many times before. Shame as I was so excited about that set beforehand. 

Leeds 2010 was brilliant (just looked at the setlist and saw they played Empty Room too, which I love).  Like Reading, there was loads of room to walk right down through the field during Laika (missed Ready to Start unfortunately).

And compulsory album ranking:

Funeral

The Suburbs

Neon Bible

Reflektor

14 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Bet you were near me. I was stuck in a rammed section near the front with people taking selfies and telling each other how "amazing" it was. Plus the sound was shite, as I've whined about many times before. Shame as I was so excited about that set beforehand. 

It was exactly the same as where I was over to the right of the stage but very much up the front, lots of chaos, selfies, conversation, not that much interest in the music, just people wanting to say they were at the front of the pyramid stage for a headliner.

37 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

It was exactly the same as where I was over to the right of the stage but very much up the front, lots of chaos, selfies, conversation, not that much interest in the music, just people wanting to say they were at the front of the pyramid stage for a headliner.

Aye same spot. I've been sure to enter the Pyramid from the Water Aid tent side ever since. Lesson learned!

54 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

Yep. I was there too, getting pissed off with the dickheads taking selfies.  And I rarely get pissed off by the crowd, but this lot were right twats.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, bocumaroy said:

Yeah Glastonbury was definitely my least favourite of the last tour. Earls Court was the best I've ever seen them and The Reflektors show in Blackpool probably my next favourite. Would rank all of them including Glastonbury as better than any of the three Suburbs tour gigs I went to though. 

Reading 2010 is their best online video set. 

I'm surprised by the love of the Earls Court gigs. It was still a  great gig, but compared to Glastonbury it was piss poor. Glastonbury felt much more suited to the party atmosphere of the Reflektor tour than Earls Court and the crowd mirrored that; really energised and fun.

i was absolutely off my rocker for their Glastonbury set so chances are they could've been shite and i'd still have loved it, but i thought it was truly amazing. went on my own to the front circle and ended up paling up with two guys next to me who'd never seen them live before who were ridiculously stoked and we just belted out the words together throughout followed by an emotional hug goodbye at the end of their set. i hope my jaw resting on my shoulder and my pupils looking like frisbees added to the enjoyment/hilarity of their night

1 hour ago, Calvin Klein said:

I don't understand how not everybody has Funeral as their best. Arcade Fire without Funeral is just another very good band. 

Funeral is undoubtedly the best album. But even without it they've still got 3 brilliant records, and a cache of tunes that most bands would trade their firstborns for.

Favourite Arcade Fire gig is still the Leadmill in Sheffield in 2005. They've always been a brilliant live band but playing smaller venues and being an up and coming band the crowd interaction was so much better back then. Not a criticism of now though - they've adapted to the bigger settings wonderfully well. 

Also Porchester Hall in '07 when they played an acoustic version of Wake Up in the middle of the crowd to end the gig. 

Edited by arcade fireman
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Favourite Arcade Fire gig is still the Leadmill in Sheffield in 2005. They've always been a brilliant live band but playing smaller venues and being an up and coming band the crowd interaction was so much better back then. Not a criticism of now though - they've adapted to the bigger settings wonderfully well. 

Also Porchester Hall in '07 when they played an acoustic version of Wake Up in the middle of the crowd to end the gig. 

You lucky c**t! I bet they were both incredible.

Edited by zero000