Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I’d agree (about those two), although I definitely seem to be more fond of it than you and most other people. We Used to Wait would definitely be my preference of the songs that have been on rotation (Haiti doesn’t count as it seems to have become a staple again).

The song I least want to hear is We Exist, as I think with it’s length it could lose the crowd a bit. I’d enjoy whatever they play though.

Edited by bocumaroy

To be honest I'll be happy with whatever they play (to an extent), one of the rare acts I can say that for. HOWEVER, I think they'd be missing a huge trick if they missed out Laika and Keep the Car Running.

On paper it'd be nice to hear a rarity or two, but when that Pyramid crowd is in the mood it can be brilliant - would make songs like the aforementioned ones above that bit more special. I've only ever experienced that atmosphere once (Stevie Wonder) but I feel Friday has the potential to be similar :)

We Used to Wait's a strange one for me, used to love it when it came out but got bored of it quite quickly and have only ever listened to it over the last couple of years when I've been listening to the album in full, but I gave it a listen last week and I'd forgotten how great it was. Hope we get it on Friday.

shit i hadn't even noticed the Flashbulb Eyes omission! would take either of those songs (or any of their other songs) a hundred times over rather than it, although i still think we'll end up getting it

We Used To Wait would be pretty special though so i'm hoping for that!

My first thought when I saw that they'd dropped it was how happy you'd be about it. I'm still expecting it though given that those sets are both shorter than their Glastonbury one will be.

Anyone did a setlist playlist for what they're likely to play (arcade fire only) sort of fancy giving them a listen but don't want to wade through the filler on the last 3 albums. I've made enough playlists to ask for one because I'm sick of the sight of spotify xD

Arcade Fire Glastonbury

Made this, up to Wake Up is what I think the setlist will be and I added 5 or 6 other songs that have been rotated on this tour to the playlist after Wake Up.

I was just looking at the BBC schedule and it seems that Arcade Fire gig will not be broadcast live. There will be something but only in one hour slot and with highlights from the day so it seems there will be only part of the performance. Something like Rolling Stones last year.

I was just looking at the BBC schedule and it seems that Arcade Fire gig will not be broadcast live. There will be something but only in one hour slot and with highlights from the day so it seems there will be only part of the performance. Something like Rolling Stones last year.

Where does it say they’ll only have a one hour slot? Disappointing if so. With it running from 11:05pm-2am, I’d assumed they’d show the full set on a delay, then an hour or so of highlights from other acts.

U2-levels of rain going to be lashing down on these lads. Their papier mache bobbleheads will be dissolved into soggy pulp by the time they've finished the first tune.

Nah, just a light smattering to keep the dust under control. The bobbleheads will be just fine ;)

From the TV guide - 'Jo Whiley, Mark Radcliffe and Lauren Laverne present live coverage as Arcade Fire make their debut as headliners on the world-famous Pyramid Stage.'

Edited by GlastoSimon

Any idea of if the rain will be during the day or evening? It might clear up for them before they come on.

Truly impossible to predict it so precisely now. The rain could miss us entirely, fall earlier than expected, fall later than expected, heavier, lighter...

Don't worry too much about it, embrace whatever it has in store for us. :)

• Upvote 1

Strange set in Rome tonight, Flashbulb Eyes, Keep the Car Running, Laika and Month of May all back in but no Tunnels!

Not sure what to think if they played that at Glastonbury, would be gutted at the omission of Tunnels but Keep the Car Running and Month of May are two of the songs I'm most hoping for. That set with Tunnels instead of Laika or Flashbulb Eyes would be ideal though.

Edited by kingcrawler

they've been leaving out Tunnels quite a bit this tour. can't help but think that come the next album cycle it'll be getting the cut (with a few outings, like Laika this time round)

but yeah, no Tunnels would suck but Keep The Car Running, Laika and Month Of May would all be brilliant. honestly, i'd miss Tunnels, but i think those three songs would make up for it

Truly impossible to predict it so precisely now. The rain could miss us entirely, fall earlier than expected, fall later than expected, heavier, lighter...

Don't worry too much about it, embrace whatever it has in store for us. :)

But so far it would appear the worst of the rain finishes around 7pm (at least forecasted so)